VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just talked to my local APR dealer, who told me that the 2010 MKV Jetta 2.0T (Wolfsburg) must have the ECU removed like the MKVI GTI due to the change in security for the MKVI ECU's, which changed for 2010 on the Jetta. I know that the 2010 Jetta got MKVI electronics (or something like that), but what sucks is he said that he normally doesn't charge labor on flashes, but would have to charge to pull the ECU because the hour or so job to flash then becomes a 3 to 4 hour job to pull the entire ECU. What a pain.
I'll post in the MKVI forum, too (even though this is technically for a MKV Jetta), but I would like to here from other owners that have run into this?

· Registered
73 Posts
I had my 2010 MKV Jetta Wolfsburg flashed with the APR Stage I tune. They had to remove the ECU before they flashed it. The whole process took about an hour and a half and charged me $80 for their extra time (a little steep, but worth it).

If they are a reputable shop they should be able to take the ECU out without making it look like it was ever disturbed.

I have had no issues with my car after the tune. Acceleration is so amazing!! Feels like a completely different car.

· Registered
25,140 Posts
I had my 2010 MKV Jetta Wolfsburg flashed with the APR Stage I tune. They had to remove the ECU before they flashed it. The whole process took about an hour and a half and charged me $80 for their extra time (a little steep, but worth it).

If they are a reputable shop they should be able to take the ECU out without making it look like it was ever disturbed.

I have had no issues with my car after the tune. Acceleration is so amazing!! Feels like a completely different car.
Ive done a ton of these already. I can usually do them in about an hour total and charge our normal flash fee of $26 plus the $2-$3 for the anit-tamper sheer bolts.

I know some dealers probably havent done too many but shouldn't take more then 1.5-2 hrs max

If your local enough feel free to stop by and get it done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.