VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 6088 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
EDIT: Ignore this - found it in the Canada-only eBay. Thanks!
The forum won't let me post the link, so edit & paste this:
t i n y u r l.com/y85qf43
-------
Thanks, but no luck finding that store on eBay or finding anything on eBay but Gorilla cargo mat systems for sale (which I already have). I'm looking for that rubber liner in your picture.
Do you have a link?
Thanks again,
-dan

Modified by danhamtdi at 6:11 AM 1-23-2010

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: (Golf_Guy)

Look in the MkV forum, there is a thread for JSW's. A lot of nice lowered and modified pics of the 2009 Jetta wagons and some 2010's too. I'm pretty sure that the MkV suspension will fit a 2010 "MkVI" wagon as suspension-wise I think they are identical.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mods so far include:
H&R sport springs
18" gunmetal VMR 710s w\ Yokohama AVID H4S
35% tint
Next mods include:
new bulbs
blacking out the front and rear emblems
smoked rear reflectors & sidemarkers
smoked mirror signals
aspherical mirror glass
R front bumper with LED running lights
(the last one is wishful thinking but I've started my homework to make this happen...)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Re: (mostchillin)

Which H&R springs did you end up getting (part#) and how much is it rated to drop (inches). How much did the springs cost you. I assume you are running on the stock shocks and using 225/40/18 tires. Any rubbing?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not sure if the question is posed to me but I'll respond...
I'm running H&R Sports that I purchased from TireRack for approximately $220. H&R part number 54751 -- same as 2009 part number. I called H&R and they told me to order the 2009 part number as they had tested them on the 2010. The Sports drop you 1.5" front and rear.
I would suggest also ordering the VW Lowering Spring Kit hardware (http://www.cmgestore.com/vw08/SKUDet...VW269007.Asp). It has suspension limiters as well as other hardware that VW recommends be swapped when installing lowering springs. I did purchase and had installed with the springs...
I haven't rubbed once (some folks have after installing H&Rs -- research) under any circumstances and I do a lot of around town driving on some terrible roads. I'm not saying that the suspension limiters are the exact answer but I can tell that (1) I have them installed and (2) no rubbing whatsoever. Take it for what it's worth...

Modified by mostchillin at 1:23 PM 1-25-2010

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (scubavw)

I really want those Chrome Exhaust tips, called VW dealer but they are not available yet in canada???. Anyone from Canada, were did you buy from?. I know there a guy in US who sell 15% over employee price but shipping and custom would be expensive. Is it easy to install?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (dbradford04)

Quote, originally posted by dbradford04 »
I would love to find this mat as well! If anyone knows how/where, I would appreciate it!
Just picked up my TDI today..I love it.

If you're talking about the mat that I bought you have to go to ebay Canada. Try this link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2010-10-VW-...62f9d

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (soconnorny)

So can anyone comment on the potential interchangeability of the MkVI GTI grille insert and front bumper cover?
I think this would look really nice on the front of a Mk VI JSW.

Modified by damn true at 5:36 PM 2-17-2010

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (damn true)

Quote, originally posted by damn true »
So can anyone comment on the potential interchangeability of the MkVI GTI grille insert and front bumper cover?
I think this would look really nice on the front of a Mk VI JSW.

Not too sure about the bumper cover but the grill looks good... look halfway down through this thread.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/show...age=3

Modified by k3ys3r_soz3 at 11:07 AM 2-17-2010

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen with GTI Grill / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (micajah)

Here's what the '10 GTI Grill looks like on my JSW( sorry substandard iphone images-same images from the tdiclub forum link). I'm checking to see if the grill will fit as well, or other options. Fogs or LED running lights in the side grills to come.

I've got skirts and front spoiler being painted right now, as well as a set of H&R sports waiting for the weekend. Clear bra in the future also.
I'll post some better pics once I get all the upgrades.
Modified by micajah at 1:13 PM 2-17-2010

Modified by micajah at 1:38 PM 2-17-2010

Modified by micajah at 1:41 PM 2-17-2010

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen with GTI Grill / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (micajah)

That does look good. The TDI badge is a nice touch.
Id love to be able to do the whole front bumper cover/fascia as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen with GTI Grill / Golf Wagon Modification Thread (VolksAddict)

no mods yet... once spring rolls around im gonna get 30% tint and put on my OZ Opera wheels...
i snapped a few pics the other day with my buddy who just decided to bring his car down to school...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: (75 VW Beetle)

The grill (part# 5K0853651ASATK) was $223.00 plus shipping from vw discount parts http://www.vwdiscountparts.com and the TDI badge (if you want it) is a B4 badge from ID Parts http://www.idparts.com)
I wanted to totally debadge the grill and not be a GTI Poser, but once you remove the badge the grill has solid backing right behind where it attaches. Looked at it to try to remove the extra plastic like you can on the 2009 GTI grill but it's a bit more complex and compact and would take a lot of fine work to make it look correct. So I just removed the GTI letters on the badge base and after some minor surgery on the back of the TDI Badge and some 3M doublestick, this is the result.

21 - 40 of 6088 Posts