VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some articles on it and it gets really good reviews. the interior looks much better and the body looks nice too. it does have less hp than the new camaro coming out but thats ok, its still a good car. any opinions....

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money on one until it gets the 5.0 in 2011. If it doesn't get that Id just go for the 370z.

Modified by ToucheTurtle at 5:28 PM 1-6-2009

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Z has no V8, thats what makes the Stang interesting and the live axel. I had a 5.0 LX in the past and it was fun...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
http://forums.thecarlounge.net...83085
People here seem pretty excited about the GT with the track package (limited-slip differential, finally). My personal taste definitely tends towards the 370Z in this segment, but if I were actually going to buy one, I'd definitely have to check out the Mustang as well.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Re: (Page7)

Quote, originally posted by Page7 »
http://forums.thecarlounge.net...83085
People here seem pretty excited about the GT with the track package (limited-slip differential, finally). My personal taste definitely tends towards the 370Z in this segment, but if I were actually going to buy one, I'd definitely have to check out the Mustang as well.

Every single mustang GTs since 1967 have mechanical limit slip stock n00b

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: (Fangoriously)

pass

·
Banned
16,878 Posts
Re: (reillymk2)

Live axle, heavy, not enough power, and it looks like someone left it out in the sun too long (Especially the rear end). The 4.6 3v is a great motor, but with the rumor mill putting a ~400hp 5.0 in the car very soon, I wouldn't buy one. I believe there is also an ecoboost V6 that will be placed in the lineup as well - that could be a very interesting car.
All in all, for the 2010 MY, I'd take the Z over the 'Stang - unless you add the GT500 into the equation.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Re: (djsheijkdfj)

Quote, originally posted by djsheijkdfj »
Live axle, heavy, not enough power, and it looks like someone left it out in the sun too long (Especially the rear end). The 4.6 3v is a great motor, but with the rumor mill putting a ~400hp 5.0 in the car very soon, I wouldn't buy one. I believe there is also an ecoboost V6 that will be placed in the lineup as well - that could be a very interesting car.
All in all, for the 2010 MY, I'd take the Z over the 'Stang - unless you add the GT500 into the equation.

Its less than 200 lbs more than the Z. I too would wait till 2011 though to see the new (if any) engine lineup.

·
Get Off My Lawn!!!
29,544 Posts
I like it if only for the fact that Ford had revived their long-dead "sequential turn-signal" gimmick at the rear (of the new Mustang), that first came on sixties T-birds and Cougars. What took them so long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQikXYkrQcc

Modified by vwlarry at 3:38 PM 1-7-2009

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I like it, I hope the price undercuts the Camaro and Challenger to make up for the lack of power. I can't wait to see the specs on the 5.0 though

·
Registered
12,962 Posts
Re: 2010 Mustang what do u guys think.... (Joe in Dublin)

I would hit this really hard, and if it could be had with aluminum heads even harder

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Re: (ToucheTurtle)

Quote, originally posted by ToucheTurtle »

Every single mustang GTs since 1967 have mechanical limit slip stock n00b

I saw that in a magazine it said the track package came with a limited slip differential, and I was confused. Does the 2010 GT come standard with only an open differential.
Quote, originally posted by vwlarry »
I like it if only for the fact that Ford had revived their long-dead "sequential turn-signal" gimmick at the rear (of the new Mustang), that first came on sixties T-birds and Cougars. What took them so long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQikXYkrQcc

Modified by vwlarry at 3:38 PM 1-7-2009

Reason enough to buy one! Awesome! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Jetty! at 3:45 PM 1-7-2009

·
Registered
12,962 Posts
Re: (AutoEuphoria)

Quote, originally posted by AutoEuphoria »
I really like the looks of the new GT500

Dare i say it looks better than the new Camaro or Challenger?
Cannot wait for the KR version

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Re: 2010 Mustang what do u guys think.... (DoubleNaught)

Quote, originally posted by DoubleNaught »

I would hit this really hard, and if it could be had with aluminum heads even harder

They all have aluminum heads. The 5.4 only has an iron block because of the blower. The rest of them are all aluminum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the headlights alot more than the previous models.
Interior is still a little to "blocky" for me though

·
Banned
4,343 Posts
Re: (4DMW)

A mustang GT thread with no GT pics. C'mon guys there were 6 million press releases about various new mustang bits and all you guys come up with is the cobra.

2010 mustang nut, supposedly makes the solid rear axle better by virtue of it being brass.... we'll see.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts