VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
20,183 Posts
there may be changes in the 2011 programming.

Do an autoscan and post the question, along with the autoscan results in the VAG-COM forum.

the Ross-tech folks would be best to help you

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
When I get home this evening, will post screens of my 46 module that have my windows up/down with the fob.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Mine works (2010) but I never could figure out the rain close feature.
When I enabled rain closing, it honked a few things up on the car. Headlights were always on, rain sense wipers did not work. Even when I restored to factory, it did not fix it. I ended up taking it to the dealer and acted like I did not know what happened. It took half a day for them to figure it out, but they got it done.

It must be a 2011 thing. It worked beautifully on my R32.
?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Strange, I have rain closing enabled on my CC. It didn't cause any problems.
May sound like a dumb question here. But what is rain closing

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
May sound like a dumb question here. But what is rain closing
If the windows are down and it starts raining, the rain sensor will pick it up and close the windows.

I have yet to test this, but it is my understanding that it also works when the key is not in the car. IE, you left the car in the parking lot with windows open and it starts raining.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If the windows are down and it starts raining, the rain sensor will pick it up and close the windows.

I have yet to test this, but it is my understanding that it also works when the key is not in the car. IE, you left the car in the parking lot with windows open and it starts raining.
What value did you change in the RLS component of Cent. Elec. model? My current coding is 16777215. Was yours any different?
TIA.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
^ I checked the box that said "rain closing active" ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
It appears this is a 2 step process (as explained in the VAG COM thread for MKV (2005 and up) Jetta. At least from that thread, you activate the menu option so it shows up in the display cluster AND THEN you set the coding to turn on the rain closing feature. Perhaps those who have already done this on their 2010+ CC can confirm this?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It appears this is a 2 step process (as explained in the VAG COM thread for MKV (2005 and up) Jetta. At least from that thread, you activate the menu option so it shows up in the display cluster AND THEN you set the coding to turn on the rain closing feature. Perhaps those who have already done this on their 2010+ CC can confirm this?
I did not do it myself, but this is what I think my vag-com contact did.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I did not do it myself, but this is what I think my vag-com contact did.
Thanks. I suspect (as BsickPassat mentioned earlier) the options/programming for later models (2010+ CC) is a bit different. I'll go test it to see if having only the 'Rain Closing' menu option in the instrument display cluster is enough for using the feature.
On a side note, I was able to activate the 'Windows & Moonroof open/close" using my key fob with ease.... really cool feature IMO. I will post the settings I used later.

EDIT:

I was able to get both to work: Please note:
For opening/closing Windows & Moonroof with the key fob, in addition to the steps listed in this post, (using module 46 - Central Conv.) I also set bit 2 in bytes 7 and 8 to allow for opening the windows and moonroof respectively when you press-n-hold the unlock button. (bit 5 is for closing the windows)

For the rain sensor, the other thing to do AFTER setting the bit to activate the 'Rain Closing' menu option in the MFI display is to (using module 9 - Cent. Electr) clear bit 5 'Rain Sensor Inactive' in the long code helper. As simple as that.
Caveat: I realize that CC's have different components (my RLS component part # in Cent. Electronics module is 1K0 955 559 AH) so this may not work for you.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
OK. Here are my options as shown in the Long Coding Helper for Byte's 6 through 9 which will get you Windows Up/Down with Remote Key Fob and the Rain Sensing Windows Closing.

Also, in the adaptation settings you need to change the value to 1 from 0 in channel 17 as shown.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Just curious: what is the effect of the adaptation setting? Is it necessary?
Not an expert, but I believe it enables the Rain Closing feature in the MFD to be permanently on. Otherwise I think it has to be enabled every time the car is started.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not an expert, but I believe it enables the Rain Closing feature in the MFD to be permanently on. Otherwise I think it has to be enabled every time the car is started.
I was hopping this was done for the open/close with fob because I believe my bits are same way as posted but still no luck!

When I have a chance I will compare and also post my Module number...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Same here (not an expert)...I didn't check/verify mine if adaption setting is the same as yours. However from testing as configured, once the sensor is triggered, it is reset ONLY after another cycle of starting the engine/parking.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts