VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ontariostreetcar.co...enger/
According to one blog, that is quoting another blog, the replacement for the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger were shown at a town hall meeting for employees. The Avenger is said to clearly be recognizable as an Avenger, but the Sebring/200C is totally transformed. The convertible model also appears to have survived and benefited from this massive overhaul (the first time that the fate of the drop-top has been revealed). The Sebring/Avenger are slated to get a 6-speed dual clutch tranny, along with the new Pentastar V6. Both cars are described as having greatly improved interiors, but the Chrysler is said to be "Lexus-like". With new styling, interiors, engines, and transmissions are the Chrysler/Dodge twins ready to take on the mid-sizers from Buick/Chevy?

Modified by whitejeep1989 at 2:55 PM 3-20-2010

· Banned
1,438 Posts
Re: 2011 Sebring/200 (whitejeep1989)

Quote, originally posted by whitejeep1989 »
http://www.ontariostreetcar.co...enger/
According to one blog, that is quoting another blog, the replacement for the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger were shown at a town hall meeting for employees. The Avenger is said to clearly be recognizable as an Avenger, but the Sebring/200C is totally transformed. The convertible model also appears to have survived and benefited from this massive overhaul (the first time that the fate of the drop-top has been revealed). The Sebring/Avenger are slated to get a 6-speed dual clutch tranny, along with the new Pentastar V6. Both cars are described as having greatly improved interiors, but the Chrysler is said to be "Lexus-like". With new styling, interiors, engines, and transmissions are the Chrysler/Dodge twins ready to take on the mid-sizers from Buick/Chevy?

Modified by whitejeep1989 at 2:55 PM 3-20-2010

If it comes out of the factory looking like that...Chrysler is totally on the right track with a much improved design.

· Registered
11,096 Posts

The view from behind is simply stunning for a 4-door family car. The front is tasteful and rather elegant. The middle looks a bit generic, but attractive - but lose the garish chrome wheels Chrysler... I know old guys love them, but just stop it.
My only problem with the design is how the rear door is part of the rear fender... from a mechanical side of things that's asking for trouble when it comes to keeping dirt out of the seals, then paint damage in the future. However I see a small piece of glass instead of a plastic blanking plate on that rear window! Cudos Chrysler, keep that in production.
Hopefully they go for suppliers who provide the best parts within a reasonable budget (I'm sounding eerily close to my employer's credo right now... Best part at the best price - but it's the way to do it) - and not just the lowest bidder. Really hoping they take quality control seriously - Chrysler needs to model themselves after Ford - they take each vehicle as seriously as the next... Chrysler and GM don't do that (GM is better tho) they tend to over-analyze the new/hot-selling/media focused cars and lose interest on the lower budget stuff, reverting to "good enough" QC methods.

Modified by Live-Wire at 6:14 PM 3-20-2010

· Registered
7,424 Posts
FV-QR

I hope it doesn't come out looking like a current Lexus and not a Lexus from 5 years from now. That is what happened with Hyundai with the last gen Sonata(and Toyota with the Tundra). They revealed this all new car that matched the top sellers and then 2 years later they all redesigned their cars and left it in the dust again.

· Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 2011 Sebring/200 (Live-Wire)

Quote, originally posted by Live-Wire »

My only problem with the design is how the rear door is part of the rear fender... from a mechanical side of things that's asking for trouble when it comes to keeping dirt out of the seals, then paint damage in the future. However I see a small piece of glass instead of a plastic blanking plate on that rear window! Cudos Chrysler, keep that in production.

The rear door cut-line going straight into the wheel well is not a real big deal. A lot of other cars and SUVs do the same thing currently.
Audi Q5:

· Registered
7,990 Posts

The rear door cut-line going straight into the wheel well is not a real big deal. A lot of other cars and SUVs do the same thing currently.
Audi Q5:

Common for SUVs yes, but not so for the sedans.

· Registered
28,732 Posts
Re: 2011 Sebring/200 (spidy)

Quote, originally posted by spidy »

The Cavalier did it, but that is not really a car one wants to have your new design seen as resembling.

· Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: 2011 Sebring/200 (spidy)

Quote, originally posted by spidy »

I think the GM G-Body (Bonneville, Aurora, DeVille, LeSabre, Park Avenue) sedans used this cut-line also, with no adverse reactions.

· Registered
11,849 Posts

I think the GM G-Body (Bonneville, Aurora, DeVille, LeSabre, Park Avenue) sedans used this cut-line also, with no adverse reactions.

Pay them no mind, they're just picking nits. God, could you imagine, a competent Chrysler sedan?! The horror!!! WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!! QUICK!!! Uh....CUTLINES, YEAH!!! ATTACK!!!!!

· Registered
49,861 Posts
Re: (justanotherusername)

Quote, originally posted by justanotherusername »
Overall this is a nice looking car IMO.
I'm not completely sold on the front end design, but it's distinctive without being overdone. A step in the right direction for sure.

I think it's just about perfect. It's much higher up the ladder than their current model, that's for sure! This is more in-line with the handsome designs that were coming from Chrysler's studios in the 90s. Just enough panache to stand apart without being full of geegaws.

· Registered
49,861 Posts
Re: (Bav17)

Quote, originally posted by Bav17 »
We all know here that the pictures posted are of the 200C CONCEPT.
The reskined current car hasn't seen the light of day yet.
I think it would then be safe to say that design critques are a bit premature.

Boo! You popped my balloon. I thought that this was new. I certainly hope the new car looks like this, as it's a stunner.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.