VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every few days my Tiguan won't start. When this happens, it will crank but not turnover. If I crank it for 10-15 seconds, it eventually starts. It starts immediately during short trips. It doesn't start after it's been sitting for several hours or overnight. The EPC comes on when it won't start. The battery is good. VAG-COM is reporting these codes: P0321 (G28), P0322 (G28) and 01259 (Fuel Pump Relay J17).

Guessing that the crankshaft sensor is going bad, I tried replacing it. I got the old one out, but the new one won't fit into the block; it's slightly too big in diameter. Did the old housing break off in the block? It's very hard to see in the hole. Here's a photo of the old and new sensor.

Gas Auto part Flashlight Cylinder Camera accessory

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is the old housing metal? Is there a trick to getting it out? There's no space to get a tool in there without removing a bunch of other parts. The old sensor reads 800k ohms between the two pins while the new one reads 800 ohms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the detailed information. I can see the the broken housing, but there's not much to grab onto. If I can't remove it, I may have to take it to a shop. About a year ago, I replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the fuel pump control module that sits under the back seat. The low pressure pump does come on when I open the door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had more time to mess with it today. Just now I found the right size deep well socket that fits into the hole and covered it in JB Weld. Hopefully, when I pull on it with a wrench tomorrow, the housing comes out with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts