VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a way to solve one of my issues with the NAV and BT. I hated when my phone was set to last name first and my blackberry was set to first name dial. This made it hard on the Voice recognition and dialing.

So today I just unplugged the 9W7 module, connected it to my wife's 2010 Golf. Went thru the settings and changed it to first name first. Saved the settings, unplugged the 9W7 module and connected back to the Jetta.

Guess what!!!!! Yep! Now I’m set to first name first :D so if anyone needs to change their phone dial to first names then you need to find Golf with full MFD and change the setting thru that! :) Once it’s set up then it stays with the module even if you unplug it!

Again this is only for the 2011 Jetta. I guess VW forgot to put that function in the NAV unit and since we dont have access to full MFD we were SOL until now!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ohh BTW, make sure you update your phone book while you are in the car with full MFD that way it should have the new updated phonebook with the first names carried over.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool...but i thought i saw a video on youtube from askavwsalesguy where he just went in the settings on the car, and made a change....took him about 2mins to do. :beer:

Here's a link to the last name / first name switch.....but for the GTI
http://askavwsalesguy.com/category/bluetooth/

yeah GTI, GOLF, Golf Wagon, Jetta Wagon all have full MFD's. The Jetta doesnt have it so its not possible to setup the phonebook thru it.

VW should really release an update for couple of issues with the 9W7 and NAV on the jetta models. Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
moral of the story? buy a jetta AND a golf/gti
No but for all of those people that find this an issue all they have to do is to find a dealer that will allow them to change the setting, it takes about 2min to unplug the 9W7 from the Golf, plug the Jetta 9W7, change settings and update phonebook.

Problem solved :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a way to solve this issue without getting another module from a Golf?

you dont have to buy anything, you just have to switch them for 5 min. once you are done you can put it back. You can find someone that has the golf or maybe you have a good working relationship with your dealer and they will let you use one of thier cars for 5 min.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
anyone try vag-com for this issue! I do not have access to a 2010 and its driving me crazy

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone try vag-com for this issue! I do not have access to a 2010 and its driving me crazy
I didnt see any options under VCDS for this, i was running out of options hence why i tried swapping the BT modules.

I also tried the voice commands but that didnt work either.

Just drive around until you see a golf and ask them for favour ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
help!!

What is a 9W7 and where do I find it? I am really miffed that my phone book is last name first in the car but on my Iphone, it is first name first. What gives????

I'm not too technical so if you can try to explain how convert to first name first recognition the 'easy way' it would sure be appreciated. I have a 2011 Jetta. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
saxman145

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any other fix for this? I have a friend with a new CC - so I can swap the unit for a few minutes..but would rather do it the "right" way..

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any other fix for this? I have a friend with a new CC - so I can swap the unit for a few minutes..but would rather do it the "right" way..
i dont think you will damage anything by trying it out. Just have to make sure the CC has full MFD and you can change the first/last name option in the MFD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this the only way?

I seldom even have last names in my phone and the voice calling never gets it right.

I have a 2011 Jetta TDI

If this is the only way is there anyone in the Niagara Region that has a 2009-10 Jetta or golf that I can make the changes to my Bluetooth module on? I could give you 20.00 or something, it seems like will only take a minute or 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts