VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a continuation of the 2010 league we played on CBSsports. Made a couple small changes in the league config: cut down a division, added a couple playoff spots and made the rosters a little more flexible. I think it'll make things a little easier for everybody, as befit a free, just for fun and smack talk league.

Sent PMs to everyone that I think was in the league last year. Those who did not receive invites but are interested, please post up. I told the old guys they have until Thursday to sign up. I'll invite new guys on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday.

Edit to add, when you sign up, please post your team name for tracking purposes.

Sandalman - Joe Buck Yourself (last year, Big Ben's Swim Team)

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Big Meg Griffins

Trying to make it easy to remember for you guys.
Almost went with Big Mean Machines, but that didn't make me smile.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, we've got 9 in. If the league doesn't fill up today, I'll start sending out PMs to people tomorrow.

Then everyone can start bitching about how inconvenient the draft time is and can't we change it cause I have to ref a soccer practice or save kittens or whatever. I love when that happens.

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Thurs 9/1 at 8:30 ET?
That fine with me, unless I have to do something unforeseen at work.
That's the danger of a weekday draft, I guess.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Then everyone can start bitching about how inconvenient the draft time is and can't we change it cause I have to ref a soccer practice or save kittens or whatever. I love when that happens.
My work schedule changes from week to week and I don't know what it's going to be until around 3 days before it begins so I'll just say that Sunday is the best day for me since they usually give me Sunday off but I will request a day off if I have enough notice.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Thursdays starting 09/01 are bad for me... but if I need to set an autodraft I can do that.

Rex's Foot F*ckers is my team, BTW.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't meant to be quite so strident about it. We can move the draft to accommodate people.

Do you prefer weekday or weekend?
If weekend, morning, afternoon or evening?

Yahoo only makes certain times available - so if most people want a weekend, we might have to move to before the 4th preseason game instead of the weekend before the season starts (Aug 28 instead of Sep 4).

Because I could, I just moved it to Sept 4 at 4pm EDT. Hoping that works better for everyone. Again, if it doesn't, post up, and we'll try to figure out something that pisses the fewest people off.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Because I could, I just moved it to Sept 4 at 4pm EDT. Hoping that works better for everyone. Again, if it doesn't, post up, and we'll try to figure out something that pisses the fewest people off.
Sunday September 4 should be fine for me. Generally I don't work on Sunday but if I'm not able to make it I can setup the auto draft with my own rankings.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
If there is an open spot... Id send a note to Ed (Firebreathingbunny)... he used to the run the league and he posted in the pick em today. havent seen him for a while.

Beng = Odeon Sex Panthers

...any chance we can move the draft back to the original time? Im traveling Sunday, its labor day weekend. Maybe some day that week before. I'd like to break my streak of auto drafting :(

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's get everyone signed up and then we'll poll on the best draft time. Might be worth moving it back to the prior weekend.

If there is an open spot... Id send a note to Ed (Firebreathingbunny)... he used to the run the league and he posted in the pick em today. havent seen him for a while.
I included him in my initial DMs that went out about the league. Never got a reply.

1 - 20 of 740 Posts