·
Registered
861 Posts
Congrats buddy! :cool: :thumbup: :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
At Berlin Klassik in Guelp, Ontario today, met up with Gabriel (Gab EuroSport) father at the meet with his wife's MK1 TT (Beautiful car).

Two of Quebec's finest.

Yesterday picked up in Mississauga a 034 Motorsport Cold Air Intake and a splitter (made in Germany) for a Dominic that contacted me on Instagram to offer me parts he had for sale. Bonus the splitter was already painted Panther Black. :D Installed both parts this morning prior to attending the show.

Also picked up R8 Red Top coilpacks, Oil and Coolant caps.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
034 Motorsport stands behind their product

It’s refreshing when a company stands behind it’s product. Bought an 034 Motorsport rear sway bar and adjustable ends links from a Audizine member. There were still in the original packaging when they were shipped to me (never installed). When I installed the sway bar it ended up hitting the axles hub allen bolt (as shown in the photo). Contact 034 Motorsport tech department and through photo sent via email they couldn’t figure out why this was happening with fitment. They led me to Samuel Sanches, I explained that I don’t have a receipt because I wasn’t the original purchaser. Sent photo of the sway still packaged in the original shipping box and he agreed to have the tech department have a look at. Shipped it out to them and a few days ago I got a confirmation email saying they reviewed my claim and they would be processing a new sway bar. They could have taken the easy way out since I wasn’t the original purchaser but they stood behind they’re product instead. This speak volume of the companies ethics and customer service. Already have there products on my TTRS and will continue to do business with them. A huge thanks to Samuel for following through with this. Mistakes can be made in production but it’s what you do to fix the issue that set companies apart, hat off to you 034 Motorsport.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Installed the 034 Motorsport dog bone bushings and billet dog bone yesterday. The install is not for the faint of heart and would be an additional challenge without a hoist. Removing the subframe to replace the bearing require quite a bit more then is posted on the website. What's shown on the website is the final steps of removing the subframe, they are many more parts requiring removal to get it to this point. Well this was a trial run for the downpipe replacement! In addition had to jack the engine up to get the passenger side control arm bolt out, the bol hit the oil pan and why you need to jack the engine up as far as the motor mount will let you. Also had some issue with the bushing material above the u shape cut out bowing outward while pressing them in, you need to ensure that they a pressed in evenly and a very small sliver of material will be lost in that area when it's pushed into the subframe housing, this will not effect performance though. Vibration transfer to the inside of the car is minimal, very little at idle but more noticeable at low RPM when the clutch is engaged. The improved shifter feel is well worth the added vibration. Better feel for the shifter gates from 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th. Highly recommend the upgraded.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
On my last days off took the car out for the last cruise of the year before putting it away. Went from Cornwall to Huntsville Ontario on HWY 60 which take you through Algonquin Park. Hit some snow when nearing the park and here a few pics from the trip.

Also pickup a AWE intercooler from a guy in Mississauga only 1,500 kms on it, he's selling the car for a Porsche GT3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my last days off took the car out for the last cruise of the year before putting it away. Went from Cornwall to Huntsville Ontario on HWY 60 which take you through Algonquin Park. Hit some snow when nearing the park and here a few pics from the trip.

Also pickup a AWE intercooler from a guy in Mississauga only 1,500 kms on it, he's selling the car for a Porsche GT3.

Hermosas fotos!! Felicitaciones por tu auto. Saludos desde Argentina.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Indeed! Absolutely awsome pics, mate! :thumbup: :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
nice car northenddroid, what color of black is yours? phantom black or black panther? also how did you manage to get the video in motion to work, ive been trying to get it to work for a while , what exactly did you do if you don't mind?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
nice car northenddroid, what color of black is yours? phantom black or black panther? also how did you manage to get the video in motion to work, ive been trying to get it to work for a while , what exactly did you do if you don't mind?
Thanks, bud!
It's Black Panther well named, in the sunlight it looks purple. Video Motion don't think our cars have that capability, the DVD is only for road maps. Not sure if you can play video off the SD cards.

·
Registered
88 Posts
nice color! mine is also black panther, how ever mine does have the auto spoiler and not the ttrs one, only 21 in black panthers sold in 2012 as per audi canada, yeah I read your list wrong of stuff you did on vcds, oh well, looking forward to your next mod!

61 - 80 of 97 Posts