VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not tuned yet (that I know of). I am about to order the VCDS plug from ross-tech, then the fun begins.
I'll be ordering a downpipe as well so when I get the clutch swapped out they can put that in at the same time. Might save a bit on labor, we'll see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probably UM. Cheaper at $899 and the unitronic site is showing that the tune is for a "DSG transmission" despite me selecting the correct year and model - which makes me wonder if the site is loading properly or just badly worded...
You got the UM, right? Have you had it dyno'd? I'll be getting a dyno done in the next week or so to get a baseline.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Interesting - how so? Was it too weak, or did it have some negative effect?

What tune ended up killing your clutch?
I knew it was going to happen one day because of the additional torque with the tune. Lasted 1.5 years before it did give out.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Any chance you can link to the flywheel you used? The link from 3 months ago comes to a 404 error. I'm mostly curious. Mine needs a clutch and although a dual mass CAN indeed be machined, I'm not doing that. I've done lots of reading with people still recommending sticking with the OE dual mass flywheel while upgrading the clutch.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts