VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T

35K views 112 replies 19 participants last post by  PantherTTRS8J 
#1 · (Edited)
Santa came early this year! This spring when I took the Passat buyback I was looking at an Audi TTRS by the time the buyback took place the cars I was looking at were no longer available. All of the other ones at that time were overpriced for the mileage on them. Found a 2012 TTRS black, which was my preferred color with 24,000km. One owner never winters driven, garage stored beauty. Car is mint no dent, scratches, or chip. The only drawback is the dealer in Moncton, NB. Car was listed as the base model but turns out it has exhaust/tech packages. So stoked can't wait to pick it up on Dec. 27th. The MK3 GTI will be going up for sale this spring.

Mods on the car:
  • 034 Motorsport Rear Sway Bar
  • 034 Adjustable End Links
  • 42 Draft Design Shifter Bushings
  • Phenix Engineering Shifter Bracket Bushing
  • United Motorsport Stage 1 Tune
  • Girodisc fully floating front discs
  • Girodisc Street & Strip brake pads for the front
  • 034 Motorsport carbon intake
  • Motul 600 Brake Fluid
  • Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • Podi - Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp. Gauge
  • Outdoor Car Cover
  • Sach Performance Clutch
  • Secondary CAT removed - CTS Mid Pipes
  • Headlight mod - black-out, Profile Halos, Sequential DRL's, Red demon eye, bluetooth relay
  • Sequential mirror turn signals

Still to install:
  • CTS Down Pipe
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Black-out emblems

See less See more
#6 ·
I attended Berlin klassik 2 years ago, and eurokracy 3 years ago. I’ve got UM stage 1, KW clubsport coil overs, 034 intake, 034 rear sway, OZ superturismo LM, catless midpipes, center mufflers cut out, sport exhaust zip tie mod, 42DD shifter bushings (must have for 50$) and HPA dog bone mount. I might be missing some things lol.

#14 ·
Picked up the car today first impression is the sales guy was right the car is mint. Second this will get you some traffic tickets if you don't keep an eye on the speedo. An additional bonus again is the car came with Audi car cover, Weather Tech and TT floor mats. Up early tomorrow morning and 10 1/2hrs ride home looking forward to it :D To bad had to get it dirty they did a great job at detailing it :sly:

Man this car is an absolute blast to drive.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info.

Made it home safe, trip was a little tricky this morning, light snow and New Brunswick HWY 2 seem to have a higher centre crest then QC/ON. With a car that feeds back the road it really felt weird at first and took a bit of getting use to. Once out of NB still had wind blown snow till I reach Quebec City was clear sailing after that. Even with only all season the car did well, was expecting a harsher ride but was surprisingly please with the ride quality.

After 1,100 kms, bath time!

#19 · (Edited)
Did vagcom mods today:
1. no more seatbelt light/warning
2. no more door chime when ignition on and driver door open
3.Windows up through rain sensor
4.Window up holding lock button on FOB
5.Window down holding unlock on FOB
6.LED DRL stay on when turn signal active (no wink)
7.Synchronized mirror adjustments
8.Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

#21 ·
Got a quote today for Opticoat Pro and Opticoat Pro Plus man this stuff is not cheap, but it does include clay bar, paint correction and then the ceramic coating, 2 year warranty just because the car is older then 5 years. Was also quoted a Quartz finish from another detailer which is good for 12-18 months for 1/4 of the price.

#24 ·
Was at the detailer's today he wanted to see the condition of the clear coat to see if only a single stage polish would correct the swirls, he was impressed with the clear coat condition for a 5 year old car. Black Panther Pearl has a purple hue in sunlight (cool effect IMO), I know it not a magical cure all product but I've had black car in the past, take a lot of effort to keep it clean and this will certainly help keep it look freshly waxes.

#25 ·
+1 for opti-coat pro, I had it done this past summer on my a3, for the main reason that it is becoming my mainly "winter" car it was around $850 but it is very nice! even the touch less gas station car-washes leave it looking above average, the crud does not stick and rinses off with ease! in my head it seems that if it helps keep the car cleaner, and sealed the paint, it should help stop corrosion or at least slow it. The crap they put on the roads here is horrible so if the $850 investment slows or stops corrosion, it will be money ahead in the end.
[/URL]i/img]

#26 · (Edited)
+1 for opti-coat pro, I had it done this past summer on my a3, for the main reason that it is becoming my mainly "winter" car it was around $850 but it is very nice! even the touch less gas station car-washes leave it looking above average, the crud does not stick and rinses off with ease! in my head it seems that if it helps keep the car cleaner, and sealed the paint, it should help stop corrosion or at least slow it. The crap they put on the roads here is horrible so if the $850 investment slows or stops corrosion, it will be money ahead in the end.
Thanks for the feedback, car looks great and your right it's an investment in "protection". Did you get the TT done as well, two awesome cars bud!

#28 ·
Looks awsome, man! :cool::thumbup:

#30 ·
Looking good!
Thanks guys, did first mod on the car, more of a preventive maintenance thing. The rear tail lights ground wire is underize and overtime overheats the connector and the bulbs socket assembly ground pin:

The idea is to supply an additional ground to the light assembly:

Ran the ground wire through the existing grommet and into the trunk where it terminate out of the elements. Added a two Deutsch connector, double nut on the wire ring connector and S.S. fastners:

#31 ·
Shortly after get the TTRS I did some Vagcom tweaks only to find out that the fuel door wouldn't open with the the door switch, had to use emergency release in the truck. Though I'd done something wrong check that fuel door was check off in Vagcom

Yesterday I rescanned the car before starting to tear the trunk panel off to get to the bottom of this,

Turns out that the coil on the fuel flap solenoid is burnt, got one coming. Could just imagine what this would have cost me at the Audi dealership? LOL not happening!

#33 · (Edited)
Picked up some new wheels today, fit tested front and rear, going to need 15mm spacer so the front clears the calipers. Had to go with a staggered setup because of the offset available, OEM wheels have a high offset of 52. Setup is Matte Black 19 x 8.5 ET 42, 19 x 9.5 ET 47

#35 ·
Really nice looking wheels!

I see also that we have made or planned to do almost identical updates of or TT's, great minds think alike!

I have tried mine on track now and it worked great, I hope you get the chance to try yours also soon!

#36 · (Edited)
Thanks bud! Funny thing is I read through your thread yesterday seing the same thing LOL! I really like what your brake ducts, was wondering if you'd be willing to share your CAD file, I have a buddy that has a high speed printer for prototyping and I'd like him to make a set for me. We aren't the type of guys to steal a design from someone else work, he's in the car manufacturing of Audi/VW parts for a long time and he's had his design parts duplicated from other USA companies.

Here's a prototype part he's fabricated for the VW Corrado G60 supercharger rear bracket support. He is waiting for a few more guy that are interested in getting this bracket fab up, I'm waiting one myself for my G60 build.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbAaoUmDhSQ/?taken-by=iabedindustries

I see your on "Markus" thread as well he's tracking his TTRS on the "Ring" in Germany got some cool video and great source for info, can't wait to see your videos as well.:thumbup: As far as tracking mine won't for another year before I gather parts, got my better half that keep an eye on car parts I purchase :facepalm: LOL. With know three project on the go I maybe selling one off.

#41 ·
Did a follow up session (which is part of installation of the ceramic coating) with the detailer that applied the Opti-coat Pro today, he also applied Optic-coat Pro the new wheels and showed my how to properly wash and dry the car using the Optic-coat products ("No Rinse" and "Opti-Seal"). Man I'm really impressed with this product, you pressure was it first (no soap) you wash it with "No Rinse" using foam sponge no downward pressure on the sponge, just push it across the surface, spray one squirt of Opti-Seal on the panel your washing, dry it a microfiber towel and your done. Whole process take 15 minute and the car looks like you just finished waxing it. Again well worth the money if anyone think of doing this, you'll have no regrets.

When I purchased the Audi had to mount a front plate but the car didn't have the OEM front plate mount, secondly I didn't really like the look of it either. The tow hook setup would have been ugly as well because of the front tow hook location, would have been a huge space behind the plate.

Tow hook on my son's Golf, would have even more pronounced on the Audi:

Front plate:

Found this bracket called "Sly Bracket" https://www.slybrackets.com/store/, it ships out of Honolulu, Hawaii. Very nice quality product, all stainless steel hardware, powder coat frame, blue locktite applied to critical fasteners and huge mount of flexibility, additional mounting spacers. Work perfectly for the location I was looking at for the plate.

Multiple mount adjustments and spacers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.