VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do the ESP switch mod to my 2012 GLI Autobahn w/nav & DSG. Does anyone know if launch control works after doing the ESP mod? I kind of hoped that the only reason it wasnt working originally was due to not being able to disable ESP.....

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I read that some vehicles didnt have it enabled, but that the dealer could enable it (A vagcom tweak I imagine) - Anyone happen to know?

·
Registered
331 Posts
hpa motorsports Dsg flash. It allows a bunch of features for the gli including launch control but its 899.99!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
177 Posts
hpa motorsports Dsg flash. It allows a bunch of features for the gli including launch control but its 899.99!!!!

That looks pretty sweet... I couldn't find on there site if they do ECU flashes for better turbo performance. Would it be possible to use this in conjunction with APR's ECU flash???

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's hardly worth couple tenths of a second off the line, especially if your not trackn it. But if you have money to burn why not.

·
Registered
331 Posts
hey do a lot of ecu mods as well. It doesn't interfere with any ecu mods at all. I've already had my Dsg read I just haven't had time to get back to the shop to have it flashed bc me n my wife had our baby. I wasnt worried about drag racing my car when I started my mods and I'm still not but for a tuned 2.0t the hpa Dsg flash is worth it. It drops 1/4 mile time by approximately .5 sec and does allow the gli to have some fun off the line. I currently have stage 2 ecu, carbino stage 1&2, 3" do w 200 cell cat and 2 1/2" cat back exhaust. Pushing 250 whp and 310 wtq on the dyno. The real changes the hpa Dsg flash has is more than launch control as it changes shift points, it allows u to bounce of red line in manual mode and allows the factory Dsg clutch packs to hold 450 ft. Lb. Torque. Factory Dsg starts to let any power over 250 ft. Lb. slip a lil causing premature wear of the clutch packs. Once again I'm not installing this to drag race but I've been in 1 other Dsg mk6 gti and it was a night and day difference when it shifted. I couldn't believe it was the same car. I font think the hpa flash is a must by any means but if ur not running stock ecu its definitely something to look into. I'm anticipating under a 13 sec 1/4 with this no problem which would b crazy with factory 2.0 tsi and no turbo upgrades. Best I could pull now was 13.4 but that wasn't at a track either it was my buddy's electronic tool that is pretty accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts