VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give the full story… I was driving around in my hometown one day and my automatic got caught in gear and at the time I didn’t take it seriously and just turned her off and on and just accepted the fact like “ye well I do put a beating on my car but hopefully that won’t happen again.” Couple days later it happens again in a different gear then another time later in that same week. At this point I’m just dealing with it bc it’s just a quick fix to turn it off and on but here is when it goes south super quick!

I decide to take a weekend road trip 6 hr drive. About 3/4 the way there no problems but at a red light in a small town I start to slow down and BOOM epc and tc lights turn on and my car goes limp. Turned it off and on and I was on my way. Didn’t drive it for a couple days while visiting friends and then I had to drive back home 6hrs. On the way home I break down a total of 14 times between the times of 9:30pm and 3:30 am. Dumb on my part for driving in the middle of the night but hey I made it back!

The question is what the hell happened to my car man? Epc, engine, and tc lights are all on when I shut down but when I restart the car and it runs fine it’s just the tc light on.

· Registered
11,022 Posts
Scan the car for codes. Something like VCDS would be ideal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.