VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone!

Alright, I've got a 2012 Jetta 2.5L and the fuel gauge showed 3/8 sometime yesterday, I take off driving and I watched it slowly click down over a couple of seconds to show nothing. The fuel light didn't come on, because it wasn't low enough obviously. So, I get home, shut the car off, and turn it back on and it's showing 3/8 again. Take off driving, same thing. Today I started the car and it showed under 1/4 and the fuel light was on, took off driving, slowly goes to empty and the fuel light goes OFF. So, obviously I got fuel. I get back in the car expecting it to show fuel....AND....nothing. It's done working now I guess.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Tips? What needs to be replaced?

HELP!

Thanks (y)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
According to what your saying, the fuel sending unit is bad but you are going to need a proper scan tool(VCDS/OBD11/VCP) to actually see what’s happening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to what your saying, the fuel sending unit is bad but you are going to need a proper scan tool(VCDS/OBD11/VCP) to actually see what’s happening.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I have a scan tool from years ago, but if it's not throwing a code I doubt it picks that up. Time to spend some money I suppose!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts