VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
guys i have my cc 3.6 suitcase removed , if i remove the 2 resonators will make the sound loud for long trips ?
Its all subjective, but with that having been said you will still have 4 cats and 2 mufflers in the flow of the exhaust. I think you might find the car sounding a little raspy. You may want to consider some holes in the bottom of the airbox to make it a little louder. I have a spare airbox I'd sell for $40+shipping. If you are near DC you can come hear my CC with it and the suitcase removed.

If you want to hear my 3.6 corrado with just 1 cat, 1 resonator and 1 muffler and open air filter I'd be happy to take you for a drive. Its great but after 8 hours it gets a little old.

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
2,676 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I'm definitely pulling the suitcase next chance I get. From there, who knows, I like a bit of rasp in my exhaust...

·
Registered
2015 CC VR6 4moiton Executive
23 Posts
Hi everyone! Saw this thread and figured it's probably the best place to start building a complete exhaust system. My car is the 2015 CC VR6 4motion Executive and I've been searching for a cat-back exhaust system to start with but haven't found much. New German Performance has a Techtonics Tuning cat-back exhaust system for sale on their website that works with the CC VR6 that features Magnaflow mufflers for $999:
Is this a decent setup? Does anyone have this system in their CC or Passat that I can get a sound bite from? This seems like a reasonable price for a cat-back system, but I'm more into Borla or Flowmaster as far as mufflers go. Would it be better just to take my car to a muffler shop and have them fabricate something from the cat-back; or more importantly suitcase and cats deleted back, with my choice of mufflers? I'm strictly going for sound quality and never have I run into an issue not being able to choose from different reputable manufacturers for performance parts.
Here's what ECS Tuning has on their website, a little bit out of my price range of $1500 give or take:
My goal is to have a complete system with headers and the whole nine yards, but I can't afford to drop that kind of money right now. I'm looking to use the next stimulus check ($1400) to pay for this so I can have a little better exhaust note. I really like the way Discofisco's car sounds and his car is identical to mine. Any advice for a new CC owner?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 B6 Passat VR6 4Motion sedan
2,676 Posts
Just have a muffler shop do a custom setup. It will, most likely, end up being cheaper than any other alternative. Delete everything, weld up a couple Borla mufflers for a nice tone and see what it sounds like. That's the route I'm gonna go with.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Anybody have an OEM "suitcase" (center resonator) for a 2006 B6 3.6 4Motion Passat they want to get rid of cheap? The one on my wife's Passat has a broken baffle rattling around loose inside it and I need to swap it out for a good one.
I'm in Northern VA (DC metropolitan area).

·
Registered
16,890 Posts
Anybody have an OEM "suitcase" (center resonator) for a 2006 B6 3.6 4Motion Passat they want to get rid of cheap? The one on my wife's Passat has a broken baffle rattling around loose inside it and I need to swap it out for a good one.
I'm in Northern VA (DC metropolitan area).
LKQ pick a part is your best bet but then after all the work to pull it and install it you might find out that the 15year part might be bad too.

This is when you need to ask yourself if you just want to go new, used (roll the dice), delete it or aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi everyone! Saw this thread and figured it's probably the best place to start building a complete exhaust system. My car is the 2015 CC VR6 4motion Executive and I've been searching for a cat-back exhaust system to start with but haven't found much. New German Performance has a Techtonics Tuning cat-back exhaust system for sale on their website that works with the CC VR6 that features Magnaflow mufflers for $999:
Is this a decent setup? Does anyone have this system in their CC or Passat that I can get a sound bite from? This seems like a reasonable price for a cat-back system, but I'm more into Borla or Flowmaster as far as mufflers go. Would it be better just to take my car to a muffler shop and have them fabricate something from the cat-back; or more importantly suitcase and cats deleted back, with my choice of mufflers? I'm strictly going for sound quality and never have I run into an issue not being able to choose from different reputable manufacturers for performance parts.
Here's what ECS Tuning has on their website, a little bit out of my price range of $1500 give or take:
My goal is to have a complete system with headers and the whole nine yards, but I can't afford to drop that kind of money right now. I'm looking to use the next stimulus check ($1400) to pay for this so I can have a little better exhaust note. I really like the way Discofisco's car sounds and his car is identical to mine. Any advice for a new CC owner?

Thanks
Hey, I put this on my 08 Wagon about a month or so ago, it took them all summer to get it to me but whatever it was worth the wait. It's awesome!!! Absolutely love it, fitment, quality, sound, all awesome. It takes a week for these systems to settle into their true voice and this was no different. Stock they come with a Borla resonator and Magnaflow mufflers. I had recently replaced the cats with a brand new OE part so everything on mine manifolds back is shiny new and I've been going through this thing and getting it dialed in the last year I've owned it, really enjoying this car a lot.

·
Registered
2015 CC VR6 4moiton Executive
23 Posts
Hey, I put this on my 08 Wagon about a month or so ago, it took them all summer to get it to me but whatever it was worth the wait. It's awesome!!! Absolutely love it, fitment, quality, sound, all awesome. It takes a week for these systems to settle into their true voice and this was no different. Stock they come with a Borla resonator and Magnaflow mufflers. I had recently replaced the cats with a brand new OE part so everything on mine manifolds back is shiny new and I've been going through this thing and getting it dialed in the last year I've owned it, really enjoying this car a lot.
I’m glad you’re happy with the Techtonic system seeing as it’s the cheaper of the two aftermarket options! It’s good to know that there’s a wait time because I’m trying to get this done before WITW 2022 in April. I’m currently still on the fence at the moment about doing a Borla-custom project or just going with the Techtonics system. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: SEAT and G60ING
101 - 120 of 129 Posts