VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
I'll take the rear spoiler delete option for $500, Alex.

(although, I predict this spoiler treatment will grow on people)

My first thought was actually baby 918 (due to the swoopy rear fenders), not CGT. Although the intakes definitely have a CGT vibe to them, no doubt. The old-style (986/987) side intakes were always my least favorite styling feature of the Boxster. They always looked like an afterthought to me.

Overall, :thumbup:

the details look nothign alike and people used to make fun of Toyota for copying the boxster when the MR-S was first released.
Yep. I was going to mention that in my first post, but didn't. :beer:

fact is, they are both mid engine convertibles with similiar proportions. So they will look similiar in some regards.
To a point, maybe. I think they do look a little more similar than what I'd want if I were Porsche, though. The Boxster is a little swoopier for sure.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Why fix something that isn't broken?

I love the new look spoiler and all.

Erik

"Why Fix something that isn't broken?"

Porsche has made significant strides with Technological advances.....why not try that same approach at its exterior design?

I would be very curious to see what they could come up with. If the people don’t like, go back but take a chance.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.