VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've learned a lot reading through these forums ans appreciate all the help so far. I just bought a 2013 Jetta GLI manufactured in 08/2012. The local dealer confirmed that the car came with the updated timing chain tensioner. The car has 162,000kms on it now, and I've found a ton of info on these forums, but I'm not sure what exactly I need to look out for at this mileage. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I have exactly the same month/year GLI with 214,000 kms . If it's DSG, inspect it carefully, see if oil needs to be changed. Check for carbon buildup. It's good if you know when your timing chain was last changed, or if it was replaced at all. Check alternator, fluid levels and conditions, battery condition, spark plugs. These are the basic things that comes to my mind.
I am sure there are others here who will give you more detailed list of things to look for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.