VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my 13 gli to the dealer because one of my fogs is not working i tried to change the bulb and check the fuses but still i does not work. so i get a call from the dealer saying that its the light control module brunt because my headlights have a hid kit installed and they saying that warranty wont cover that because i have a hid kit and it brunt because of the hid kit.

what i dont get is that all the other lights work inculding the headlights and the other fog light. if the light control module is brunt woulnt not of my lihgt s work???? please guy if u can help me out i would appreciate it because they trying to get me to pay 900$ to fix it.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
i took my 13 gli to the dealer because one of my fogs is not working i tried to change the bulb and check the fuses but still i does not work. so i get a call from the dealer saying that its the light control module brunt because my headlights have a hid kit installed and they saying that warranty wont cover that because i have a hid kit and it brunt because of the hid kit.

what i dont get is that all the other lights work inculding the headlights and the other fog light. if the light control module is brunt woulnt not of my lihgt s work???? please guy if u can help me out i would appreciate it because they trying to get me to pay 900$ to fix it.

THANKS!!!

Wow so you just have HIDs in your low beams and that's what caused the control module to fail? Where did you get the HIDs / what kind? Did you do the install?

Anyone else hear about this problem now I'm nervous about mine.

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
Oh ****. Hope this isn't common...

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
Which brand of HIDs did you use?

·
Registered
326 Posts
OP- try taking it to another dealer and ask for another opinion maybe.

Ask them to prove the lights caused the failure. I believe they have to, or at least that's what I've heard.

In any case, I wish you luck. On the car and your spelling. ;-)

·
Registered
19,695 Posts
Geez, you guys are rough. If you don't have anything constructive to say, click the back button.

OP- I'd take it to another dealer, but you may be SOL. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts