VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've got a 2013 VW Jetta hybrid that has been having an issue with moving in general. The vehicle turns on but whenever I attempt to either drive forward or in reverse, it will just rev with no movement at all.
I looked into previous recalls and found that it has had two recalls before which are 13V568000 and 19V866000. I took it to a mechanic and after running a diagnostic, he said that the mechatronic unit needed to be replaced and as a result, I opened a case with VW and took it to a dealer with hopes of getting it repaired for free since the effect of the recall was extremely similar to what was going on with my car; however, when they diagnosed it at the dealer, they told me that the entire transmission needed to be replaced. I feel like it is too much of a coincidence that the car is having the exact same issues as the recall and that they are trying to avoid repairing it. I will include the codes that were found when the dealer ran the diagnostic. Could any of you please let me know if any of the codes could be a result of a faulty mechatronic unit or a corroded gearbox because if it is possible that the car is getting these issues due to either of the recalls, then I would like to have vw repair it rather than selling the car for scraps.

Error codes from dealer:
P309D
P0a1b
U0111
P0841
P1895
P17Bf
P189C
P072B
P072F

Any help will be appreciated. Thank You!

·
Registered
2013 VW Jetta GLI, 2003 VW Golf
21 Posts
Those hybrids have been an issue, at least in the northeast, since they came off the truck. Had one come off the truck with those same codes. Ended up needing the transmission and E machine. More than likely what the dealership is trying to do is replace the transmission because either A that's what it actually needs or B the technician working on it may be "certified" to work on hybrids but in reality has no damn clue what he is doing. The one we had come off the truck we actually had to get the factory tech come in and that turned into a month long project. There wasn't a lot of training that was offered back then for those hybrids. Personally i would take it to another VW dealership and see what they say. But good luck man. keep us updated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.