VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will you run, where will you run it, and what goals are you setting for yourself?

We'll be running the same basic '93 Miata in STS that we've been running for the last couple years. There are some upgrades mostly to try and get some more weight out of the car: we have an aluminum Kirkey race seat (8 lbs), a Braille battery (20 lbs) and I'm exploring having a custom shortie exhaust made up to use on bigger events.

There are some new tire choices coming soon that will have me debating whether to stick with the known quantity (Toyo R1R) or going with the new kid on the block (BFG Rival). I hope to see some results from other people's early-season events to see if the BFGs are going to be significantly better in our class. Time is of the essence since I don't think I can squeak more than a couple events out of last year's R1Rs before seeing cord.

We're cutting down a little bit on the local stuff we're running. We'll still do all the DC region SCCA and sister club Autocrossers Inc (we're on the committee for both now), while cutting out BMWCCA.

For big events, we'll do the Dover Champion Tour and DC Pro Solo. I'm 50/50 on going up to Ayer, MA for the Devens Match Tour (it'll be a nice excuse to go up a couple days early and spend some time with the folks who live in western Mass.), and maybe the Wilmington Ohio Tour. And we're planning on going back to the Solo National Championships for a third year.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Codriving a '97 Miata, either RTR or ES. Needs rear diff installed in order to be worth competing in ES. If just out having fun, no sense in wasting R-comp$, may as well run RTR. First event is in 3.5 weeks. We'll see...

Hopefully running a complete local season for once. Have not done that since 2010. Last year I drove 4 different cars in 4 different classes spread across 3 regions and then skipped the last third of the season to have a baby. I was eligible for exactly 0 trophies despite attending over a dozen events. :D

As for large events....already in for the NJ Pro, hopefully also DC Pro, maybe Dover tour.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I just started autoXing last year, so I'm going to try to make it out to as many events as possible (MSNE and SCCA both hold events near me) and take advantage of instructors riding along as much as possible. The bf and I are volunteering for the the SCCA Pro-Solo in April, and signed up for a Solo Safety Steward seminar :thumbup:

I also need to get 17s to legitimately run in D stock, so I'm thinking about getting BFG Rivals - any personal experiences with these tires is much appreciated :)

Other personal goal for the year: get my dad to let me take his M3 (recently obtained just for autoX) out for a run or two ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts
This will be my first season. Attending a novice class and first event in april, running gstock (I think). My plan is to soak it in and have a blast. Hopefully I can get 3 or 4 events in this season.:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts