VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a real headscratcher: I recently noticed that my car will emit a high pitched, metallic whistling noise when I get on the throttle at ~3K RPM and above. It only happens after I've taken the car on a long drive (maybe 45 mins or more), and it's independent of motion (once it starts during a driving session, it happens even when I'm revving in neutral). When it does occur, it sounds like a high pitched whistling noise that increases in intensity as I rev higher. Allowing the car to sit in the off state for a while seems to make it temporarily go away.

I admit that I'm at a bit of a loss, since it's very difficult to replicate for the dealer. I'd imagine that either engine friction from poor lubrication or a boost look would result in a sound that's immediately audible, not one that requires lengthy spirited drives to manifest. I've checked my oil levels and they look good, and engine/oil temps all report normal. Has anyone else ever encountered this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.