VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

27K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  CorradoMagic 
#1 ·
no subforum or anything for 2013 spring show and go? less than 1 month away

#4 ·
FV-QR

Since german squad isn't around anymore, this show has really lost its mojo. Its sad because I used to love going to the Spring and Fall SnG way more that Waterfest. I still want to go, its definitely a great time, but nothing like the good old days of the mid 2000s

#5 ·
Since german squad isn't around anymore, this show has really lost its mojo. Its sad because I used to love going to the Spring and Fall SnG way more that Waterfest. I still want to go, its definitely a great time, but nothing like the good old days of the mid 2000s
Totally agree with you on the show. Whoever ownes/promotes the show now has done nothing to drum it up. This subforum is only available after i pushed to have it up. Remember the days when the racers would enter from the "side" gate,and alot of the show was on the other side? Those were the day---in archie bunker voice :laugh:

#8 ·
TDNparts.com (The DubNutz) will be there & likely DIN Euro as well.

Autohaus (used) is usually there as well.

Raceway Park actually owns the show & doesnt have a clue or care about the quality of the show, hence why they give 'clubs' the responsibility to 'run' it.

It's a shame what it has become.
They do zero promotion, the 'people' or groups running it or supposed to be promoting & organizing it seem to put in zero effort as well.
A proper web page, forum threads(on multiple sites) & even a FB page would help tremendously. (are you listening Show N Go?)

the last few shows that German Squad ran seemed to be a tad lackluster & then the new club just didnt seem to do anything at all. Since it's not a huge money maker for the track they place it on random weekends with no clue as the 'other' VW shows on the calendar. (widely avail on Charlie Russo's site http://www.gti16v.com )
(ie lasts years schedule 1 week prior to H20) really? c'mon. this isnt good for spectators or vendors.

it's a circle: when the spectators give up, the vendors give up, when there are no vendors, there are even fewer spectators & it keeps getting worse.

Last fall was a ghost town!

Hey Englishtown, if you need a few pointers I will be more than happy to email my recommendations for improvement. (I was a former spectator & current vendor that will likely give up on this show soon) shame!

#10 ·
FV-QR

I'm definitely gonna be there. The swap meets, the friends, the racing aside from dueling 17 second Mk3 2 liters

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.