VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m looking to try and squeeze some performance out of my 1.8tsi. I know APR has the stage 1 and was wondering if I would experience any slippage at that hp. I also wanted to know if 300hp is realistic in these things and how I can achieve that. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im not sure about tunes or turbos you can add for 300hp for the 1.8t. As far as clutch slipping ... that can happen with any extra power depending who owned the car previously and how they drove. My car started slipping in 5th and 6th gear on the freeway when i would give it gas to pass another car, it only had 28k on it. Luckily I had already decided on a tune and new clutch so guys at a local shop here did the clutch for me before i tuned it. just put money aside for a clutch if you intend to tune at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks! I am definitely going to be purchasing a clutch, most likely from spec clutches. I’ve seen people pushing nearly 400hp in the 1.8t in the MK7 sportwagen so I was just curious if it was possible to even hit 300hp in mine. I know they’re a little different I think the sportwagen has a different turbo but the numbers they get out of those things are pretty nuts.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You aren’t hitting 300hp in a 1.8tsi with a stock turbo.

2.0s aren’t hitting 300hp on a stock turbo.

I’m basically FBO with my mk6 1.8t
That’s :
Turbo back exhaust
FMIC with upgraded boost pipes
Lightweight crank pulley
Plugs and coils
BOV (relocated closer to TB)
Stage 2 tune
I have a jb4 (not installed) and I’m working on buying a meth kit

I’m not dyno’d or anything but my butt dyno says I’m no where near 300 hp.

My clutch started slipping when I went stage 2 after about a week of driving it. Never slipped when I was stage 1.

I have a stage 2 clutch just haven’t had the time to install it.

There are bolt on turbo options for our engines too but it needs to be custom tuned or stage 2 stacked with jb4 to tune for it.

Xman turbo
Biagio turbo
Or my least recommended option
Cts’s BOSS kit

I hate cts there customer service is trash but they made a decent turbo I’ll give them that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I’m basically FBO with my mk6 1.8t
That’s :
Turbo back exhaust
FMIC with upgraded boost pipes
Lightweight crank pulley
Plugs and coils
BOV (relocated closer to TB)
Stage 2 tune
I have a jb4 (not installed) and I’m working on buying a meth kit

I’m not dyno’d or anything but my butt dyno says I’m no where near 300 hp.

My clutch started slipping when I went stage 2 after about a week of driving it. Never slipped when I was stage 1.

I have a stage 2 clutch just haven’t had the time to install it.

There are bolt on turbo options for our engines too but it needs to be custom tuned or stage 2 stacked with jb4 to tune for it.

Xman turbo
Biagio turbo
Or my least recommended option
Cts’s BOSS kit

I hate cts there customer service is trash but they made a decent turbo I’ll give them that.

I definitely plan on getting a new turbo if i’m gonna push for 300. I’ll definitely look into the ones you’ve listed. Who did you get your clutch from? I’m debating between spec and southbend right now. Also thanks for that parts list I appreciate it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a SouthBend stage 2 daily clutch and i will say it is amazing!. Pedal isnt ridiculous and it feels good to drive. I didnt install mine I had German Auto Pros a local shop near me install mine i dont have the time or patience to do it working insane hours at the hopsital and having a 7 and 8 yr old

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a SouthBend stage 2 daily clutch and i will say it is amazing!. Pedal isnt ridiculous and it feels good to drive. I didnt install mine I had German Auto Pros a local shop near me install mine i dont have the time or patience to do it working insane hours at the hopsital and having a 7 and 8 yr old
Sweet I’ll look into those, thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I went with south bend as well, stage 2 endurance, went with endurance because it’s got a higher torque rating than stage 2 or 3 daily and I don’t mind a heavier clutch. Also because I’m planing for a bigger turbo down the road as well.

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
738 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get 300hp out of a 1.8T, stock turbo. My little 1.4T makes over 200 so, in theory , 300 seems realistic. HOWEVER, a flash tune and bolt ons will NOT get you there. A custom tune is REQUIRED.

However, your clutch is going to be dead and slip a ton. Trans can take it. Clutch nah.... If you add about 50hp to your 1.8, than your clutch will be pushing it. Anymore, def slip

What 2.0Ts are not hitting 300hp on stock turbo? They need a new tuner smh. FBO Flashed GLI's ARE def making over 300hp.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I’ve seen a fbo jb4 stacked making like 290whp on the dyno. Yeah 300 maybe to the crank but not the wheels.

Ask the guy who told was told he could get 290 hp on his fbo stock turbo Gli by his tuner and has now blown through 2 stock turbos.

I

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
738 Posts
I’ve seen a fbo jb4 stacked making like 290whp on the dyno. Yeah 300 maybe to the crank but not the wheels.

Ask the guy who told was told he could get 290 hp on his fbo stock turbo Gli by his tuner and has now blown through 2 stock turbos.

I

You have a good point..... Well he should have learned the first time, hybrid turbo time lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
You can probably see the thread. He is looking for a safer tune atm, I mentioned the bolt on turbo options he has.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts