VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1106 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 GTI PP – Countdown to Delivery

Greetings to all:

After following a couple of threads on here pertaining to the ordering of the PP version of the GTI, and reading varying status reports of individuals' orders, I thought I'd start up a new thread dedicated to those of us who have ordered, and are in the process of waiting. Consider this the waiting room of the maternity ward. ;)

I've read from a couple of members on here that they've been told that their orders are now in production, and some have even mentioned delivery dates. Naturally, that got me very excited, so today I conferred with my own dealer on the status of my Carbon Steel Gray, Autobahn GTI, PP/DCC/Lighting Package/Driver Assist Package, which I ordered back in the beginning of October. I was disappointed after reading his answer: "None of the performance package GTI have gone into production yet." Back on Dec 3rd, I was told by him that my car was "...released into production stock..." on Dec 2nd, but that a "physical build date" was yet to come. As of today, that date has still not been provided.

So, as you can imagine, I'm confused about what I'm reading on here, versus the information my dealer has provided. Is there anyone else out there with more/better information?

Thanks.

****GTI Mk7 Performance Package (PP) Waiting List / Countdown to Delivery SPREADSHEET -- NEW and IMPROVED -- Thanks to User MIKE1082 ****

If you haven't done so already, we invite you to fill in your order info on our running spreadsheet, accessed through this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1IEDZFEiusMOQKFvJpfzDqsVoOKzF2eXbrKzu3vOOI/edit#gid=0

·
Registered
407 Posts
I actually placed my initial order on Dec 10th, but last night I cancelled that order and opened a new one with another dealer (got a better price).
I will keep my signature updated as my dealer updates me. I was told I will have a commission number by next Tuesday at the latest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Has there actually been any update in terms of the pricing?
We already know that based on the press release from VW, the Performance Pack will add $1,495 to the (MSRP) price of the car, and DCC will add $799.
We can guess as to the invoice prices of those packages, but as of last night, the dealers did not have any actual numbers.

A 4 door SE with DSG MSRP is $29,095. Invoice is $27,931.
Lighting Package MSRP is $995, and Invoice is $856.

You can play around with those numbers, and try to get an idea of what the invoice on those packages might be. But it would only be an educated guess at best.

·
Registered
2015 VW GTI
766 Posts
I ordered mine August 1st, literally haven't heard a damn thing on when I will be getting mine. I feel as if my dealer is giving me the runaround but posts in this thread make me feel a little easier

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ordered mine August 1st, literally haven't heard a damn thing on when I will be getting mine. I feel as if my dealer is giving me the runaround but posts in this thread make me feel a little easier
I would demand to see your order sheet. They should be able to get it no problem. PP wasn't available for order on 8/1. Not until last week of september, at least in my area. My guess is that they did not monitor the situation very well and did not get your order into the system in a timely manner. Now they are giving you the run around so that you don't see the date they actually placed the order. I could be wrong. I am hoping I am.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The one I ordered will be at my dealer by Jan 19th... may end up falling back on the PP if I don't have a confirmed R by then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
fighting for information

Hello Everyone,
Have been reading this forum since August, first time to interact. Ordered a 2015 gti, night blue metallic,MT,SE, light and driver assist packages on Sept 4th 2014 with a $500 deposit. First told
a 8 - 10 week delivery, then told probably December, next told probably February, have just been told looks like JUNE 2015. None of this info was volunteered had to inquire each time. Have dealt
with 5 different people at the dealership so far. Have just e-mailed corporate waiting for a reply. Just turned 67, test drove one time, what a hoot!!!! Currently own a 2001 Miata that I have owned
for 13 years, love this car also. I WANT MY GTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm still waiting for any word from my dealer re: my order placed Oct 10. I've called them three times and have basically been told there is no movement on the production timetable. I was originally told a wait time of 8-12 weeks but the car doesn't yet even have a production date scheduled. Unless I'm wrong I'd suspect the dealer has little to no pull as far as a production schedule is concerned. Once the order is placed it seems to me it's entirely up to the factory. I have a confirmation # if anyone can look into it for me instead of my calling the dealer every week. Good luck to all of us who have cars ordered!

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the wait starts ...

Ordered Dec. 8 (RSM 2-door SE DSG w/PP, LP). I have a Commission Number, so VWoA's accepted the order; currently waiting on a Release to Manuf. date.

I'm not expecting it before mid-March ... but now that the NA PP cars are actually being built, it'll be interesting to see if the industry-typical 10- to 12-week window from order to delivery begins to adhere to these cars, or if delays continue to trickle down the backlog. It appears four months should be the longest anyone should be waiting once an order was placed w/ VWoA (meaning: NOT placed with a dealer, because who the heck knows what they actually did ... )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I work at a dealer actually. Just checked again. They updated everything. Looks like I'll have it sooner than said :)

http://i.imgur.com/li****S.jpg
Hey, Alex,... thanks for the reply. Very interesting to see the reference document regarding your car. Question for you: Will the car you ordered include DCC? Wondering if that has any bearing on when your car was built.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 1106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.