VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my transmission serviced at the dealer at 50k miles (I was not very mechanically knowledgeable then so I kinda just went with what they said) and had the fluid drained and filled only. I'm at 65k miles now and am concerned about the filter not being changed. The car is stage 1 tuned and driven spiritedly on occasion, but so far the transmission feels perfectly fine. I was planning on doing my next service at 100k and making sure the filter is changed with that (either DIY or at a indy euro shop), but since it wasn't changed at 50k I was wondering should I push this service up and do it sooner, perhaps 80k or 90k instead?

·
Registered
22 Posts
A lot of people don't even do the transmission oil changes, I think nothing will happend if one time the filter was skipped. But if it was me and my pedantic nature, I'd schedule the transmission oil and filter change at next big maintenance event for your car (not simple oil change but maybe brakes or shocks etc).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Put your mind at ease. It's not really a filter at all in the sense of fuel or oil. It is actually merely a screen that will only stop large chunks. If the fluid was changed you did your maintenance and no worries for a while. When I did mine at 50K it really did not need replacement at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.