VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am reaching out to y’all so that I don’t have to go to the dealer and drop $$$ I don’t have.
For the last 3-4 months now, my infotainment system has stopped working. It’s stuck on the VW opening page with the black and white design and globe. Occasionally like once a month it will turn on and work like normal with the cameras, navigation etc.
My Bluetooth still connects to the car however no sound plays. I’ve tried all the different resets that I’ve found on here and YouTube. Nothing seems to work.
If anyone has faced a similar situation and somehow gotten their system to work let me know, I’m trying to figure out if the software is blown or if there might be an electrical problem. Anything that I might have missed.
Thank You!

·
Registered
2018 Passat R-Line (2.0 TSI)
58 Posts
Have you tried a hard restart of the system, hold the volume/power knob down for about 10 seconds until it reboots. I do this when CarPlay acts funny.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Have you tried a hard restart of the system, hold the volume/power knob down for about 10 seconds until it reboots. I do this when CarPlay acts funny.

It's actually both LEFT and RIGHT arrows to the left of CD slot and the STAR to the right of the CD Slot. Depress all three for 10-15 secs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you pulled any codes from the car regarding the system? Or cleared all error/trouble codes? I had a similar issue, went in with my VCDS and cleared everything. Been working great ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.