VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. Thought I would start a thread again for the 2015 season instead of a new one for each race. I know there is one on TCL Thread but apparently opinions are not welcome and many of the posters are not interested in F1 only interested in causing trouble. I hope the old crew (You all know who you are) will return and we can have practice, qualy and race discussions allowing people their opinions without being insulted. I hope to see those regulars back in here. Hoping to an exciting racing year with a little more excitement than last years runaway. Lets allow people their voices and opinions and have fun!

:wave::)

*I need to check dates again but I believe BBC America on the 15th of February will have an F1 show hosted by David Coulthard on the runnings of a formula one team in the 2014 season (Mercedes)....

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
*I need to check dates again but I believe BBC America on the 15th of February will have an F1 show hosted by David Coulthard on the runnings of a formula one team in the 2014 season (Mercedes)....
Cool!

And only 38 days until FP1 down under.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

it appears that nicole has broken it off with hamilton because he wont man up and marry her. not cool to string people along. anyways, will this affect him this year and nico take advantage. lewis already had a spin today:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

his personal life nonsense doesnt help his racing thats for sure

·
Registered
813 Posts
I always go into the new seasons with hopeful eyes, and this year is no different. Plus, some big changes in both the car lineup AND driver lineup will definitely make it more interesting. I really hope there's some close fighting throughout the field, and that no single team seems to walk away with every race.

Funny what you say about Hamilton, but his personal life definitely sees more light than others, and it seems to affect his results more than others, too. I remember a couple years back when he had a fallout of some sort in his family (I try not to pay attention), and he became a bit of a hot mess for a while. As soon as the family issues cleared up, he was back to the top.

At least F1 drama is much more enjoyable than anything my wife seems to find on the Bravo channel. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
Will Seb and/or Kimi be more successful in the Ferrari than Fernando will be in the McLaren...that will be in interesting storyline?!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

jonathan i agree with what you write.

i am sure mclaren will get it together.

would be great if seb/kimi have a great season and compete up front.

most f1 sites seem to think mercedes have been running full fuel loads and engines turned down all the way and just doing mileage for reliability and their times are still up there which if they are sandbagging which i hate that word then it very well will be a repeat season. i hope not. this word sandbagging, these are big money businesses, i just do not feel they are playing games here. sure, they run their own programs but to keep things OFF so to speak to hide from the others. i dont know, there is just too much money at stake. maybe next test they will focus on short runs and then we may all be in trouble.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Honestly this the only F1 forum that I rarely see people acting like kids and we sure do enjoy everyones company in here specially kfz:D I'm always in for the F1!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
i am sure mclaren will get it together.
In a year or two...

would be great if seb/kimi have a great season and compete up front.
Agreed.

most f1 sites seem to think mercedes have been running full fuel loads and engines turned down all the way and just doing mileage for reliability and their times are still up there which if they are sandbagging which i hate that word then it very well will be a repeat season. i hope not. this word sandbagging, these are big money businesses, i just do not feel they are playing games here. sure, they run their own programs but to keep things OFF so to speak to hide from the others. i dont know, there is just too much money at stake. maybe next test they will focus on short runs and then we may all be in trouble.
At the beginning of last season's winter testing, I was hoping that Red Bull were doing the same thing. As time went on, it became clear that they weren't sandbagging. You can never really tell until the qualifying in Melbourne, but I hope the field is a little more even this year.

I wonder if kfz's allegiance is stronger to Ferrari or Alonso. I'm sure his disdain for Vettel will make him stick with Alonso, even if that wouldn't be the case otherwise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

just had to write something to put this post back up to the top as someone posted all the crap.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
If the cars are as horrible as they were last year, I probably won't watch much, if at all.

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
You missed some great racing behind the Mercs.

BTW, love seeing the AA quote in your sig. She is much missed over at PassatWorld.
Come spend some time in OT, she's there pretty often

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
Get well soon!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.