VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Early testing news:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117772

Alonso hurt, air lifted, conscious and talking...

...oh and KFZ is at his bedside.... :D

Get well soon chap...
This seems to be a really weird accident. A heavy side impact but all 4 tires remained attached to the car requiring Alonso to be airlifted to the hospital for more than a day? Hope he's ok! With the foot massages KFZ will be giving him I'm sure the recovery will be speedy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

i just read that hamilton is trying to get 1 million a week. 150 million over 3 years. plus i keep now seeing that if mercedes say no that ferrari is in the wings. i know lewis said he would never leave mclaren and then did but he also always said he never once dreamt about ferrari. if he were to make that much money at mercedes he would never be able to race for anyone else other than ferrari because no one has the money.

i would be very very surprised if mercedes go for it. a german company does not operate like that. they make the demands and run the show. since their car is the best even if hamilton does not win nico does and he does not get 1 million a week. bottas is miles away cheaper and would do just as good a job if not better than hamilton without any fuss and drama.

makes no sense for mercedes to do it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Where is KFZ? Alonso not racing in Australia, Magnusen will drive in his seat as doctors have the final say.
Saw the McLaren release of that info yesterday. Weird that they say he's got basically no sign of any problem whatsoever, then in almost the same breath they say the doctors recommend he sit out the Australia race.

I think KFZ mentioned back in December that he might be bailing on the Open Wheel Racing forum here... I hope that's not the case.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)

seriously, as brundel said, can you imagine if van de gaarde does get in the car and is racing along and radios in, i've got understeer or whatever. the response would be crickets or tough sh*t sucker. theres no relationship there. very uncomfortable.

it is very strange not to hear alonsos name mentioned other than his accident but nothing of times posted etc etc.... its weird. anybody agree.

looks like another mercedes borefest season. hoping ferrari will spice it up with williams. 3rd place on is what to watch this season. redbull seem a little off. force india are showing great reliability.

hoping mclaren make it through

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

i do not think susie would be able to be in the car if bottas cannot. it would have had to be mentioned by the team before qualifying. maybe they did maybe they didnt

it is already starting. lewis yesterday, im not quite comfortable in the car yet, and then puts it on pole and of course the british media going over board that he destroyed nico. i think nico did not put his lap together so be it. as if second is so bad. hopefully nico has a different mind set this time around and will win the championship. we shall see

but nobody cares what mercedes does as lewis has no real competition in that car so his championships are a cake walk as long as he is mentally sound.

on a brighter note, loving ferrari and the teammates connection

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Merc just shamed the field without seeming to try that hard, it's going to be a long season with Hammie and Nico out front. It is refreshing to see Williams and Ferrari back towards the top, after years struggling. Weird to say that with Ferrrari after they dominated for such a long time.

McLaren I hope can get their game together within a few races, I hope it's the fact that Honda is restricting the output of the engine rather than being that far off the pace.

Also glad to see the Sauber ordeal come to a smart conclusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

well that was boring. 15 car grid, winning by 30 plus seconds without even fully pushing. nico couldnt even challenge. come on. this is ridiculous. these are hollow wins. there is absolutely no competition and none to be seen.

renault is weak.

happy for vettel and nasr

moldanado :facepalm::facepalm: .

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If you're a Hamilton fan, that was a FANTASTIC outcome for sure.

From what I remember (fell asleep numerous times), he didn't put a wheel wrong. And, he completely left Nico in his dust on that restart. Lol

I'm impressed with the tenacity of both Erickson and Nasr. They seem to be both talented AND hungry.

As for Honda and McLaren (and Fernando)? Ouch.......

I was disappointed for both Magnusson and Bottas....but Susie getting a one-off drive would certainly add some much needed excitement.

It will be interesting to see if puppetry comes into play this season with Mercedes. Will they orchestrate some "fairness" and let Nico win a race or two...even though we all know that Hamilton is a different caliber of driver?

As much as I want Hamilton to win yet another title, I certainly don't want a snooze fest of a season.

Let's see what happens over the course of the next 19!!!

(Btw, I am currently resisting the urge to start another "the Hamilton Report" thread....). :laugh:

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
If you're a Hamilton fan, that was a FANTASTIC outcome for sure.

From what I remember (fell asleep numerous times), he didn't put a wheel wrong. And, he completely left Nico in his dust on that restart. Lol

I'm impressed with the tenacity of both Erickson and Nasr. They seem to be both talented AND hungry.

As for Honda and McLaren (and Fernando)? Ouch.......

I was disappointed for both Magnusson and Bottas....but Susie getting a one-off drive would certainly add some much needed excitement.

It will be interesting to see if puppetry comes into play this season with Mercedes. Will they orchestrate some "fairness" and let Nico win a race or two...even though we all know that Hamilton is a different caliber of driver?

As much as I want Hamilton to win yet another title, I certainly don't want a snooze fest of a season.

Let's see what happens over the course of the next 19!!!

(Btw, I am currently resisting the urge to start another "the Hamilton Report" thread....). :laugh:
I will take the boredom of winning by a mile anyday.... Work harder then, teams and cars...and stfu and get to the front. :rolleyes:

How quickly we forget the other, most recent teams, dominant performances..

If MBGP/HAM smacks these fools again...I'll laugh just as I did today... Clean up team...

I just want Kimi back on form, Massa back on form...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Merc jogged to an easy victory, still hoping Nico came at least take some sort of fight to Hammie and make him at least work for the WDC this season. Massa was grumbling to the media that he's not convinced Williams a getting the same spec engine that Mercedes team is using...interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

interesting to see that many many sites as well as newspapers, fans, industry people and drivers etc are complaining that formula one is boring and that something needs to be done and voicing their opinions. this is good.

its not just horner complaining and toto making nasty comments in return but if this keeps up then maybe just maybe things will change. we have to endure this boredom till end of 2016 is it.

f1 with all is restrictions is nonsense.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Honestly I thought this was one of the worst races in the last 5 years. Even the TV feed had to settle for usually showing cars fighting for high places.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
An interesting twist...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A lot going on in the Red Bull camp as Dietrich Mateschitz is losing patience, and Audi waits in the wings as a potential buyer of RBR</p>— Adam Cooper (@adamcooperF1) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/577209901698564096">March 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.