VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Honestly I thought this was one of the worst races in the last 5 years. Even the TV feed had to settle for usually showing cars fighting for high places.
I didn't get to watch the race live, and I accidentally caught multiple posts like this one yesterday morning. I decided to work on my car instead, and it doesn't sound like I should feel bad about that decision. Actually, it sounds like a good reason to rationalize a TV in the garage so I can watch without watching. :D

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I didn't get to watch the race live...
I solved the problem by dvr'ing all free practices, qualifying and the race. I then FF through the practices to get to the good stuff like Buxton and his producer visiting Singapore, I FF through Q2&3 in maybe 5-6 minutes and then I they watch the first 5-10/last 3-5 laps of the race and get all the info I need. One hour invested to capture the important content of 6 hrs of dvr hard drive space. :beer:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I solved the problem by dvr'ing all free practices, qualifying and the race. I then FF through the practices to get to the good stuff like Buxton and his producer visiting Singapore, I FF through Q2&3 in maybe 5-6 minutes and then I they watch the first 5-10/last 3-5 laps of the race and get all the info I need. One hour invested to capture the important content of 6 hrs of dvr hard drive space. :beer:
I have done that before but honestly I find it much less satisfying. There is something about watching a buildup to a great pass and how it builds you up emotionally. The dvr highlight method just leaves no memories for me so I avoid it if I can.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
I have done that before but honestly I find it much less satisfying. There is something about watching a buildup to a great pass and how it builds you up emotionally. The dvr highlight method just leaves no memories for me so I avoid it if I can.
I hear ya...but I don't have that time to invest in a 3-4 "great" passes a year. ;)
Because let's be honest here...you could watch 3 full races in a row and not see one pass that's "memory worthy".
And I've been watching regularly since about 1990...

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. :D
All of a sudden this season got really interesting.

Beyond the alarming victory by Ferrari, the drama is looking to change the sport.

Vettel. What can I say.... dude is a competitor to the core. How did he move that sled to podium in 2 races is brilliant. Poor Kimi tho...

Lew and Nik... It's game on..

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Nico strikes back at Spain, currently 20 points behind Lewis, and his home race is next, Monaco.

Good season so far, hopefully Williams can get into the fight with Mercedes and Ferrari.

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Lewis tops the first 2 free practice sessions so far. Nico is right behind him, with Vettel and Kimi following up in FP2. Daniil Kvyatt in the Red Bull and 2 Torro Rossos are ahead of Alonso...The 2 Williams are currently in 12th and 13th position.

Practice 2 was halted by rain so it may have affected the results thus far.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
That was really F'ed up for Lewis, didn't help with Vettle being slow. Congrats to Nico, Lewis can't blame him for handing him the top podium. Sucks, all that effort for a 20s lead.:eek::screwy:

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Yeah I don't get the pit strategy Mercedes employed for Lewis, none of the other drivers on the lead lap pitted for tires. Nico and Vettel's tires were obviously good enough to race until the end (a dozen or so laps from the crash). :screwy:

Good for Nico, 3rd straight win at Monaco.:thumbup:

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.