VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

according to mercedes team meeting on tuesday, hamilton was the one who wanted to come in. toto told him to stay out. mercedes strangely enough did not blame him as they castrated nico after spa last year but they said it was a team error. hey, it can happen.

the saying we win and lose as a team. after his sulking around, i find it interesting that he was excused from the team meeting tuesday but everyone else had to appear. that really does not show we win and lose as a team attitude does it now.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
according to mercedes team meeting on tuesday, hamilton was the one who wanted to come in. toto told him to stay out. mercedes strangely enough did not blame him as they castrated nico after spa last year but they said it was a team error. hey, it can happen.

the saying we win and lose as a team. after his sulking around, i find it interesting that he was excused from the team meeting tuesday but everyone else had to appear. that really does not show we win and lose as a team attitude does it now.
Where did you read this?

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
I guess I'm not the only one that thinks today's F1 is pretty boring. 3 pages for the entire season, and 4 posts in the last 2.5 months (2 of which were by the same person). I haven't watched a race all season, and I don't miss it. For the first time in I can't remember, I didn't care about Monaco, and I'm not excited about Spa. They really screwed the pooch w/ the current configuration.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There has been some killer racing this year though, Hungary was like an action thriller, Monaco was like a soap opera, etc etc. the race for the win hasn't always been the best but there has been good racing. There was never a time I can remember in F1 where every race was nail biting. The only difference now is the cars sound boring and they're not as brutally fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
There has been some killer racing this year though, Hungary was like an action thriller, Monaco was like a soap opera, etc etc. the race for the win hasn't always been the best but there has been good racing. There was never a time I can remember in F1 where every race was nail biting. The only difference now is the cars sound boring and they're not as brutally fast.

It's like restrictor plate racing in NASCAR.

Like I said, look at the traffic in this forum this season vs. just 2-3 years ago. You had 4-5 teams that could legitimately contend for the win.

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's like restrictor plate racing in NASCAR.

Like I said, look at the traffic in this forum this season vs. just 2-3 years ago. You had 4-5 teams that could legitimately contend for the win.
Well yeah the lack of teams going for a win is sad, I'm just happy to see Ferrari strong again and Vettel taking a couple of wins put a smile on my face. I'm curious to see how the future pans out as far as "making the cars harder to drive." I can't help but watch some races from say 2004 and just gawk at the brutality. F1 is F1, it needs to be far and above the rest.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Well yeah the lack of teams going for a win is sad, I'm just happy to see Ferrari strong again and Vettel taking a couple of wins put a smile on my face. I'm curious to see how the future pans out as far as "making the cars harder to drive." I can't help but watch some races from say 2004 and just gawk at the brutality. F1 is F1, it needs to be far and above the rest.
Agreed, the newer rules and regulation and the teams trying to abide by them seems to be the focus rather
Than racing. Rules seem to be draining some of the team financially and in turn effect there competitiveness.

Thank you Bernie ecclreston for F'n up this sport......please go somewhere...else.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sounds like this last race or two have been fairly interesting, but I can't help flashback to several years ago, too. I used to have no problem getting up at ridiculous hours to try to catch the races live, and we had a small group of friends who'd get together for almost every race. It's been a year or two since I felt the need to catch every single race... Hope that changes soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When Mercedes isn't on top is when it opens the door for anyone. Ricciardo last year in a very underperforming car bagged some wins. Williams is on the cusp of a win both this year and last year. Although Ferrari didn't win last year, they are right on Mercedes heels this year. And who can forget Canada 2014 when a FORCE INDIA was legitimately contending for the win!

·
Registered
20,310 Posts
There have been 4 races since the last post. Hey Bernie, nobody cares anymore!!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The pre-race and post-race news was significantly more important than the actual races were this year, sad.

Anticipation for the future isn't even exciting as its just more talks of turbo v6's. this turbo era is lame, and i'm tired of repeating it :thumbdown:

I did find it exciting watching Horner cry for help all season lol.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.