VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my 2015 vw jetta TDi recently blew the engine management fuse (10A) after driving approximately 200km ( 124miles) I was stopped at a red light, idling fine, but as I went to go the engine stalled out and the glow plug light started flashing. I attempted to restart, the engine cranks fine but won't start. I later discovered the blown fuse and replaced it. I was able to make it to a parking lot where it blew again. I am hoping someone can help source out the problem. I am mechanically inclined but have little experience with TDIs and VW's. I have never had any problems with the car before and recently had the timeing belt and pulleys replaced at the dealership as preventative maintenance, the car has approximately 200000km or around 124000miles. Attached picture of some of the engine codes pending, don't have or currently have access to a vag com
Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Software

·
Registered
2011 GTI Autobahn Edition | Stage II by Stratified + Cobb
42 Posts
Try putting a new battery in. All of those codes are for low voltage - except the fuel pump one, which is output, and could still be linked to voltage

I’m unfamiliar with diesels in general and the TDI platform but I’d also consider replacing your glow plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try putting a new battery in. All of those codes are for low voltage - except the fuel pump one, which is output, and could still be linked to voltage

I’m unfamiliar with diesels in general and the TDI platform but I’d also consider replacing your glow plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the reply, I have checked the battery and so far as I can tell all the low voltage stuff is due to the blown fuse. When the fuse is replaced all codes clear and it runs just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts