VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a 2016 1.4L jetta a few months back and have had absolutely no luck finding aftermarket parts myself so I have decided to rely upon current VW owners/experts. Everything that I want to modify has to deal with the engine such as intake, intercooler, exhaust, chipping, etc. The only things I've been able to "modify" was that I put a Carbon Fiber rear spoiler lip on the trunk which looks pretty sharp. The other thing that I did was 20% tint all the way around. Its black on black so it make it look more sleek. However I am a man in need of POWER!! Can anyone help point me in the right direction for engine/exhaust mods. I have found just about everything for a 2016 Jetta with a 1.8L but nothing for the 1.4L. Also if you have any modifications done to your vehicle I would love to see pictures of how they turned out. I am new to this forum so I'm hoping for the most part people will be helpful and friendly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
picked up a 2016 1.4L jetta a few months back and have had absolutely no luck finding aftermarket parts myself so I have decided to rely upon current VW owners/experts. Everything that I want to modify has to deal with the engine such as intake, intercooler, exhaust, chipping, etc. The only things I've been able to "modify" was that I put a Carbon Fiber rear spoiler lip on the trunk which looks pretty sharp. The other thing that I did was 20% tint all the way around. Its black on black so it make it look more sleek. However I am a man in need of POWER!! Can anyone help point me in the right direction for engine/exhaust mods. I have found just about everything for a 2016 Jetta with a 1.8L but nothing for the 1.4L. Also if you have any modifications done to your vehicle I would love to see pictures of how they turned out. I am new to this forum so I'm hoping for the most part people will be helpful and friendly!
just a quick update. I've been doing a good amount of research and the only thing I was able to come by that seems reliable enough to try is this cold air intake. I'm looking to order it next Friday and hook it up. I triple checked to make sure that it would fit the 1.4L and they reassured me that it would. I will post before and after pictures and videos and a short review of it overall. Here is a link if anyone would like to look at getting one themselves...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-797C-AEM...ash=item2a73121318:g:3~gAAOSwYIxYBmje&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
180 Posts
just a quick update. I've been doing a good amount of research and the only thing I was able to come by that seems reliable enough to try is this cold air intake. I'm looking to order it next Friday and hook it up. I triple checked to make sure that it would fit the 1.4L and they reassured me that it would. I will post before and after pictures and videos and a short review of it overall. Here is a link if anyone would like to look at getting one themselves...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-797C-AEM...ash=item2a73121318:g:3~gAAOSwYIxYBmje&vxp=mtr
I wouldn't waste your time on an intake unless your looking for some more sound from under the hood. A guy on here has a thread where he made one for about $120. $270 is a lot of dough for No noticeable gain. Burger motorsports is supposed to be releasing a JB1 module for our cars in November. Not sure if thats still happening or not but if your looking for more power I would hold off until then or email someone from there to find out if thats still happening. Back in august is the last time i spoke with someone from there and it was still in the works. And its plug and play so warranty safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't waste your time on an intake unless your looking for some more sound from under the hood. A guy on here has a thread where he made one for about $120. $270 is a lot of dough for No noticeable gain. Burger motorsports is supposed to be releasing a JB1 module for our cars in November. Not sure if thats still happening or not but if your looking for more power I would hold off until then or email someone from there to find out if thats still happening. Back in august is the last time i spoke with someone from there and it was still in the works. And its plug and play so warranty safe.

I saw the one post you were referring to where someone had made their own intake. The whole thing with the one I found was that it had a review and warranty. It's that what I would mind making my own and installing it, its just if I can buy a name brand product thats backed by a warranty, I don't really mind spending the extra money. However I keep asking around for aftermarket parts and I keep getting the same answer which is "you'll just have to wait." Since the car has already been out for a year and they have modifications that you can do to the Euro models, I guess the demand is not high enough here. I know they aren't the sportiest cars nor are they the fastest but damn... I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT GO FASTER:(

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I saw the one post you were referring to where someone had made their own intake. The whole thing with the one I found was that it had a review and warranty. It's that what I would mind making my own and installing it, its just if I can buy a name brand product thats backed by a warranty, I don't really mind spending the extra money. However I keep asking around for aftermarket parts and I keep getting the same answer which is "you'll just have to wait." Since the car has already been out for a year and they have modifications that you can do to the Euro models, I guess the demand is not high enough here. I know they aren't the sportiest cars nor are they the fastest but damn... I JUST WANT TO MAKE IT GO FASTER:(
An intake with a warranty is as credible as a homeless man with house keys. The intake will not break nor cause any harm to your engine unless you are really out to damage the motor somehow. Ultimately you WILL have to wait for more aftermarket parts as 2016 is the first year the 1.4L has hit the states. Alternatively, the 1.4 has been around for years overseas/europe. So, you do have the option of looking for mk7 1.4l golf parts and getting them shipped to the states. I have been talking with Integrated Engineering regarding aftermarket parts and they said the 1.8t shares similar parts, but again, I'd wait until a retailer says it fits/works rather than buying parts I am unsure of. As of right now, flash, intake, exhaust is all you have at the moment for the bigger items so yes, you will have to wait.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Are there any exhausts for the 1.4? Someone mentioned that any exhaust for a turboed Jetta should fit but not sure if that's correct

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any exhausts for the 1.4? Someone mentioned that any exhaust for a turboed Jetta should fit but not sure if that's correct

Im not sure who may have said that but I am 99.9% sure that is not true..

·
Registered
1 Posts
same

i just picked up a 2017 jetta 1.4t and am in the same boat. i plan on spending alot of time on this forum in the near future.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Cts turbo intake looks sick and im planning on waiting for apr to release the stg 1 tune prob around summer. Also im planning on cutting off both rear and mid mufflers and installing a flo pro twister resonator. I have a 2017 vw jetta 1.4t manual and its so much fun. Also if u go to ecs tuning there is lots of upgrade parts as springs and coilovers as well as lil stuff...Ecs tuning has lots of parts for literally everything on it. Hope this helps:)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unitronic just released their Stage 1 Tuning kit and it pulls some pretty impressive numbers with 91 octane.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've had my 2016 1.4 since may 2016. In that time I have gotten a custom straight pipe cat back, forge motorsports boost pipe upgrade with blow off valve, dieselgeek short shifter, p3 multi gauge, racechip tune, injen short ram intake, trunk spoiler, spyder smoked projector led headlights, stage 2 dogbone insert. Others are cosmetic but I'm putting down 193hp with 250 torque. Though I have not yet got it dyno'ed to see how legit those numbers are but that's what I'm putting down according to my tuning program. I'm waiting for a downpipe to be made but I have read gulf downpipe will fit our jetta. I'm in talks with hpa motorsports and 42 dd on their professional opinion or if they have test fit one yet. But yes unfortunately for our 1.4 not much is available. Everybody wants to mod gti or 1.8. I'm opposite, I wanna start small and build it up, not get a head start with a decent powerful car already and slap a couple bolt ons and say I built it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had my 2016 1.4 since may 2016. In that time I have gotten a custom straight pipe cat back, forge motorsports boost pipe upgrade with blow off valve, dieselgeek short shifter, p3 multi gauge, racechip tune, injen short ram intake, trunk spoiler, spyder smoked projector led headlights, stage 2 dogbone insert. Others are cosmetic but I'm putting down 193hp with 250 torque. Though I have not yet got it dyno'ed to see how legit those numbers are but that's what I'm putting down according to my tuning program. I'm waiting for a downpipe to be made but I have read gulf downpipe will fit our jetta. I'm in talks with hpa motorsports and 42 dd on their professional opinion or if they have test fit one yet. But yes unfortunately for our 1.4 not much is available. Everybody wants to mod gti or 1.8. I'm opposite, I wanna start small and build it up, not get a head start with a decent powerful car already and slap a couple bolt ons and say I built it.
What is this race chip tune?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where'd you find a blow off valve for our cars?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Unitronic just released their Stage 1 Tuning kit and it pulls some pretty impressive numbers with 91 octane.
I had to rent a car for a few months so I got a jetta 1.4 I just put the uni stg1+ and it really woke it up in the mid range I would suggest it to anyone who wants a nice power bump

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
well here it is there even a video

1 - 20 of 69 Posts