VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

261 - 280 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
OMG under $50k might be possible via Euro Delivery with the only option being the Long Beach Blue paint, that's a cool $10k difference from the M3 I configured.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
BMW of North America, LLC
Pricing Guide M2 Coupe (F87)
Model Year 2016 Effective January 8, 2016

M2 Coupe
Start of Production 11/2015
Base Price U.S.A. Port of Entry* $51,700
Base Price Euro Deliver Munich Pick Up $49,115
Base Price Diplomatic U.S.A. Port of Entry $49,115
Non-Metallic STD
300 Alpine White x
Metallic $550
475 Black Sapphire Metallic x
B39 Mineral Grey Metallic x
C16 Long Beach Blue Metallic x
Upholstery
LC Leather Dakota STD
LCNL Leather Dakota Black/blue highlight x

Packages

ZEC Executive Package $1,250
248 Heated Steering Wheel x
3AG Rear view camera x
507 Park Distance Control (rear) x
5AC Automatic high beams x
5AS Active Driving Assistant x
8TH Speed Limit Info x

Options

2MK M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic $2,900
Other Charges
Destination & Handling $995

Standard

249 Multifunction steering wheel STD
2VB Tire pressure monitor STD
2VZ 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheel Double-SpokeStyle 437 M with Mixed Perf. Tires STD
(19x9.0, 245/35 R19 front and 19x9.0, 265/35 R19 rear)
302 Alarm System STD
319 Universal garage-door opener STD
322 Comfort Access keyless entry STD
423 Floor mats STD
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors STD
431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror STD
441 Smoker's package STD
459 Power Front Seats STD
481 Sport seats STD
488 Lumbar support STD
493 Storage package STD
494 Heated front seats STD
4AE Adjustable front armrest STD
4MC Carbon Fiber Interior Trim STD
521 Rain sensor and auto headlights STD
522 Xenon headlights STD
524 Adaptive light control STD
534 Automatic climate control STD
544 Dynamic Cruise Control STD
563 Ambient Lighting STD
5DC Folding rear-seat headrests STD
609 Navigation system STD
645 Radio control US STD
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription STD
674 harman/kardon Premium Sound System STD
6AC BMW Assist eCall STD
6AE BMW TeleServices STD
6AK BMW Online and BMW Apps STD
6AM Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information STD
6AP Remote Services STD
6NS Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration STD
760 Shadowline exterior trim STD
775 Anthracite headliner STD
840 Increased top speed limiter STD
8KL Oil Chg 10,000 mls/12 months STD
8TN Daytime driving lights STD
ZMT Manual Transmission STD
Nav, H/K, & heated seats standard. :eek: As well as the 19s.

I'm getting on the wait list tomorrow.

·
Banned
987 Posts
They didn't "only manage to sell"... They capped allocation to the US to only 740 1M's. That car would have sold a ton more if they had an open production schedule. These cars were selling for 10-30k over sticker brand new and are still asking for that much on the used market.

Truth, I had a down payment in for a year, right after I bought my 11 135i. I was stationed in Italy, trying for Military Sales allocation, we only recieved 3 total allocations for all of Europe. I was number 4 on the list, and I dropped my down payment the day they were announced.

Needless as to say, I didn't get one, and bought a 12 TRRS.

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
18,035 Posts
About the only thing I don't like about this car is that it's not coming out three or four years from now :laugh:. Maybe next generation. I also hate black wheels and find it odd they're 9" wide both front and rear with staggered tires, but those are pretty minor.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
This with ED pricing and a GT350 will be a wash (assuming you don't want tech or track packs). Both have about the same rear seat room... hmmmmm
Not sure which I would chose.

Does TCL think this will hold its value as well as the 1M?
I don't believe they are planning to limit production (build and sell what the market will take), so no chance. I also don't think we know what will happen to the 1M long term and if people will really care that much (history plays out), or if this car will hurt it. At some point a few years from now, possible ability to used M2 (higher performance, newer, similar car) for far less than a 1M will make it tough to continue.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I don't see why the 1M would continue to hold value at this point with the M2 looming.

It would be a different story if the 1M had a unique drivetrain compared to it's successors. But, in both cars its 6cyl turbo w/ RWD.

If it was a bigger disparity like going from a high strung NA V8 like in the E90 M3 to the current Turbo 6 in the M3, maybe there would be reason for value. However, what would really be unique about the 1M now, aside from the low production count?

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
I don't see why the 1M would continue to hold value at this point with the M2 looming.

It would be a different story if the 1M had a unique drivetrain compared to it's successors. But, in both cars its 6cyl turbo w/ RWD.

If it was a bigger disparity like going from a high strung NA V8 like in the E90 M3 to the current Turbo 6 in the M3, maybe there would be reason for value. However, what would really be unique about the 1M now, aside from the low production count?
Except that the 1M was, and still is, an amazing car made in extremely limited quantities. The e30 M3 is still coveted, despite every successor M3 being a far better performer.

That said, I do agree that the 1M is a unique proposition because it didn't have an M-developed engine, etc. Nonetheless, there are exactly 740 of them in the USA. If you figure that at least 40+ of them have already been totaled, deported, etc., there are likely only about 600-700 of them still in existence.

Compare that with other "super rare" BMW cars that command premiums, like the Z3 M Coupe, of which there are (IIRC) 2500+ examples in the USA.

The bottom line is that I think the 1M's status will continue as a BMW collector's darling car.

Personally, I loved the original 1-series. I liked the squat proportions, the bulldog face, etc. I find the 2-series bland looking by comparison. Also, the 135i and 1M had a fantastic hydraulic steering setup, gorgeous wheels/wheel arches, etc. There is plenty to love about the 1M. But I do agree that the M2 appears to be a much better car, overall, with a proper "M" engine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd have a tough choice jumping on this as a 2nd car or waiting and praying Audi brings over an RS3 because AWD :laugh: Although I guess if its a 2nd car, RWD in the winter woulnd't matter since the S4 could just be used. Makes it very tempting.

That is also a hell of a lot of good standard options with this. I don't know if i'd even have to add anything to it :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
E90 M3, S2000, 944S, 4Runner Trail, Mazda 3
12,394 Posts
MSRP vs MSRP, fully optioned out:

M2: $57,345

M235i: $55,560

A difference of only $1,785. Either something is off in my calculation or the M2 is a smoking deal relative to the M235i. For reference, a very well optioned out 328i w/ M-Sport package has an MSRP of $55,000.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Except that the 1M was, and still is, an amazing car made in extremely limited quantities. The e30 M3 is still coveted, despite every successor M3 being a far better performer.

That said, I do agree that the 1M is a unique proposition because it didn't have an M-developed engine, etc. Nonetheless, there are exactly 740 of them in the USA. If you figure that at least 40+ of them have already been totaled, deported, etc., there are likely only about 600-700 of them still in existence.

Compare that with other "super rare" BMW cars that command premiums, like the Z3 M Coupe, of which there are (IIRC) 2500+ examples in the USA.

The bottom line is that I think the 1M's status will continue as a BMW collector's darling car.

Personally, I loved the original 1-series. I liked the squat proportions, the bulldog face, etc. I find the 2-series bland looking by comparison. Also, the 135i and 1M had a fantastic hydraulic steering setup, gorgeous wheels/wheel arches, etc. There is plenty to love about the 1M. But I do agree that the M2 appears to be a much better car, overall, with a proper "M" engine.
I agree it's a good car, but it doesn't really have any redeeming properties over the M2, considering just how close they are.

The E30 M3 comparison isn't valid, because the E30 started it all so to speak, so yea naturally it will be coveted.

Long story short, I'm sure the 1M will still have a premium, but it should go down in price with the M2 being out.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Either something is off in my calculation or the M2 is a smoking deal relative to the M235i. For reference, a very well optioned out 328i w/ M-Sport package has an MSRP of $55,000.

The LSD on the M235i costing $3k probably isn't helping its value proposition vis-a-vis the M2

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
MSRP vs MSRP, fully optioned out:

M2: $57,345

M235i: $55,560

A difference of only $1,785. Either something is off in my calculation or the M2 is a smoking deal relative to the M235i. For reference, a very well optioned out 328i w/ M-Sport package has an MSRP of $55,000.
Seems to be the consensus on BMW forums... people are questioning the value proposition of M235i and speculating that BMW will discontinue it or replace it with 235i (no M).

261 - 280 of 339 Posts