VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Coilover or OE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!

Currently driving my 2016 Golf R (61K miles) and I believe my driver front strut has a small leak, took it to the dealer (CPO until 74K) and they said it's clean, must be from something else. If that's true, I don't know but I saw some oil on the strut shaft.

I'm debating on a couple options as this is my Daily Driver and will see maybe 2-3 track days a year.

Option 1:
OEM DCC Strut/Shocks with OE strut mounts and bearings paired with 034+ lowering springs (~$1500)

Option 2.
Open Road Tuning RS Coilovers with a DCC Delete Kit. ($1130 Coils, $340 DCC Delete so just under $1500)

For owners who deleted DCC, do you miss it? Any other options I should look at? Going for maybe 1" drop, set and leave it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I daily my car. I upgraded my struts from OE to Bilstein B6 with H&R lowering springs and an upgraded rear sway. Though I don't switch DCC modes regularly, I don't feel like I'm missing anything without coils, and am preserving the reliability and service life of parts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The stock DCC is fairly good stuff. If you want a upgrade I would go with B6 damptronics, swaybars(F/R), and 034 upgraded shock mounts F/R. It will not ruin the car for everyday, but it will give you some upgraded feel. I wouldn't lower than car. The R height is were the chassis is designed to handle....

On another note have you though about a performance alignment....I suggest reducing the amount of rear camber and toe.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Is your car driving or handling differently since you think there is a leak or is a purely visual assessment? You can try running a DCC adaptation with a Vag-com with all wheels off the ground to reset to dcc parameters. I did this recently and the car became slightly more compliant over broken roads. 16R with 57k and VWR springs on DCC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.