VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there have been a lot of conflicting reports from people, including myself, about the status of their pre-orders, etc. I've even gotten tons of conflicting info from various dealers in regards to when orders can be placed (some don't know, one says they are taking orders now). In addition, it looks like some people have VINs, or are expecting delivery of cars in the next month (lucky bastards). So I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate all of that info in one thread, making it easy to follow each others progress without gunking up other threads.

Thought I would start, then others can chime in.

Format:

Car desired: MT Red Golf R w/ DCC, Nav, and DAP
Status: Put down a deposit at a different dealership today (7/27), and am currently waiting for commission number. I'm #2, although the first person already has a car enroute.
ETA: A while...
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: Received comm. number on 7/27
Price (MSRP/Invoice/etc): MSRP

Info about order process / statuses:

Quote Originally Posted by plex03

I've asked an Admin to make this a "Sticky" for the time being given the many who have been frustrated in the delays, poor communication from dealer, etc...

As the topic states it's a basic overview to help in understanding what the different statuses mean.

First, the most important tool in getting info is your order's Comm Number. Once your dealer puts your order into the system it generates a Comm Number. Ask for it. Your Comm Number is what your dealer uses to check your order's Status within VW's system. As your vehicle progresses through the system it is assigned different statuses. Below is an explanation of those status updates.

Process for Ordering and Order Stages:

1. You agree on equipment and price with your dealer.

2. If your model has ordering open then the dealer will go ahead and enter the order into the VW system. Once the order is entered a Commission (Comm) Number is generated immediately. Get a hold of and save this number if you want to be able to get status updates on the vehicle. Available allocation is not required to place the order in the system but the order will sit in the system with status "I.S. Order Bank" until the dealer is assigned allocation for the model. Basically, IS Order Bank is a dealer wish list. If the order never receives allocation it will never get built.

3. If the dealer has multiple orders for the same model they can assign priority ranking to the orders.

4. When allocation is received at the dealer, the order system will ask the dealer which orders he wants to send to the factory. Usually this is by priority ranking but the dealer is free to change this and send any order they want to the factory. (An example is if they have 4 orders waiting and only 2 allocation slots to use - they can pick which 2 orders to send to the factory.)

5. Once the order is sent to the factory it will update to FACTORY ORDER BANK. This basically means the vehicle will be built. Usually within a week a set of ETA dates is generated for the order providing a rough estimate to its arrival date.

6. One to three weeks later the order will update to PRODUCTION STOCK. The vehicle is now on the assembly line to be built! Usually remain this status 1-3 weeks.

7. Next the order updates to INTRANSIT FROM FACTORY. The car has been built and there should be a VIN number at this time. The car is heading towards the USA.

8. Once the vehicle is received at a US port the status will change to PORT STOCK.

9. Once the car has been cleared from port the status should change to INTRANSIT INLAND. The car is on a truck heading for the dealer.

10. Final status will be DEALER STOCK. The car is at your dealership!
Source with more detailed information on tracking order status.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Car desired: MT Oryx White Golf R base(considering dsg now though)
ETA: :confused:
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: have Commission number

could not match current wave with what i would want

·
Registered
53 Posts
Car desired: White w/DCC & Nav
Status: #1 on waitlist at one dealership. They said they will place the order and give me more info whenever they have it. No commission number, vin, or anything else, which has me presuming that we don't yet have an order. Purchasing at MSRP + deposit
ETA: 90ish days
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just got an email from my dealer here in PA. He said they have matched my order with a car that that is already sitting at port. He expects it it to it to be it to be on a carrier later this week or early next. He gave gave me gave me a Comm number. It is a LSG 6MT with DCC.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Car desired: Limestone Grey w/DCC & Nav + DAP
Status: 12th on waiting list at local dealership, he doesn't know if he can fulfill my order due to unknown number of Golf R's they will be allocated. I also have a refundable deposit down for this waitlist. 2nd on list with a out of town dealership, they do not require a deposit at this time.
ETA: None at this time
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: buhahahaha, yeah right. :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Car desired: blue manual no DCC
Status: So far no one in SoCal I have talked to knows anything of this batch being en-route. :confused::confused:
ETA: None at this time
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: BLAh Blah :banghead:

Update 9.18.15: Got exactly what I wanted from Mossy VW of El Cajon. Hans tracked one down back on August 10thish and I got it yesterday. MSRP deal and smooth transaction.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just got a commission number, although how I got there is really strange.

So I called every dealer in my area.

• 2 dealers were taking pre-orders, with a $1,000 deposit, but had no idea when they would be able to submit orders to the order bank.
  • 2 dealers had a "contact list" for interested parties, with no deposit, but didn't know anything else, or even when they would be taking deposits.
  • 1 dealer had no idea about anything.
  • The last dealer I called was taking deposits ($500) and immediately submitting them to the order bank, although only 1 person had done so. An hour after giving them my deposit, I received my comm number. They are confirming no markup for custom orders and expect my order to be accepted by VW in the next week or two, as they receive their allocation.

I'm flabbergasted by the complete disconnect between dealers. If you aren't having luck with one, I might recommend calling around!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Car desired: Limestone Gray Manual + Nav/DCC + DAP
Status: Signed buyers order faxed to dealer and acknowledged. Deposit left 7/15/15.
ETA: None provided.
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: None yet

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Car desired: Lapiz Blue 6MT + Nav/DCC + DAP
Status: Name put down on paper, deposit left 7/24/15. #5 on my dealer's list. (They got 5 preorder Rs on a single truckload in Feb; not worried about allocation)
ETA: 3-4 months
Price: MSRP

·
Registered
189 Posts
Car desired: MT Limestone Grey w/ DCC, Nav, and DAP
Status: Dealer allocated MT Black w/ DCC, Nav, but NO DAP. Taking it. $500 deposit and signed order.
ETA: 1 week (!!!!)
"You'll have confirmation next week or the car?" "we'll have the car here and ready for you"
I'm kind of in shock.:eek:
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: Expect tomorrow

·
Banned
682 Posts
Car desired: Limestone Grey DSG + Nav/DCC + DAP
Status: Waiting on VW. First on list, made deposit on 5/9/15
Price: below invoice
ETA: None provided. I'm hoping for Sept and Expecting Oct.
Commission Number / VIN Assigned?: Same boat as everyone else, None yet

·
Registered
512 Posts
Car desired: Blue DSG + Nav/DCC
ETA: None yet, 2-3 months?

1 - 20 of 794 Posts