VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 Volkswagen Jetta S 1.4t with 90,000 miles. Today all the sudden my car lost power and a check engine and EPC light came on, I don’t have access to VCDS or Vagcom, but I did scan the code P2263, Which I’ve read is related to the turbo charger/boost system, I’m a female and I don’t really know how to work on cars, I had a Shop scan it and then reset it, now the car just feels like the turbo is out or not producing enough boost, and I hear a rattle. The car is currently driving and it will rev past 4000 but it just feels very slow, I am going to have it scanned to get a better idea but I’m just curious if anyone could advise me as to the Potential issues I may have based on their experiences.

Obviously at 90,000 miles the car is not under warranty, and I’m really hoping that it’s not the turbo, I sincerely appreciate anyone’s comments and I apologize that this is my first introduction to the Volkswagen community, I used to have a 2002 Volkswagen golf TDI and I regret giving it up every day, loved that thing, thank you so much

CeCe

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 Volkswagen Jetta S 1.4t with 90,000 miles. Today all the sudden my car lost power and a check engine and EPC light came on, I don’t have access to VCDS or Vagcom, but I did scan the code P2263, Which I’ve read is related to the turbo charger/boost system, I’m a female and I don’t really know how to work on cars, I had a Shop scan it and then reset it, now the car just feels like the turbo is out or not producing enough boost, and I hear a rattle. The car is currently driving and it will rev past 4000 but it just feels very slow, I am going to have it scanned to get a better idea but I’m just curious if anyone could advise me as to the Potential issues I may have based on their experiences.

Obviously at 90,000 miles the car is not under warranty, and I’m really hoping that it’s not the turbo, I sincerely appreciate anyone’s comments and I apologize that this is my first introduction to the Volkswagen community, I used to have a 2002 Volkswagen golf TDI and I regret giving it up every day, loved that thing, thank you so much

CeCe
Its hard to know without a full scan posted here but there are a few other forums (golfmk7 and the like) pointing at the boost actuator servo as being at vault with P2263. But all results were because they either took the car in to the dealer or had access to a vagcom. Hopefully someone here is a VW tech that can help. If not, you may have to resort to the dealer or continue more research online under that fault code if you plan on working on the car yourself. Sorry I could not be of anymore help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its hard to know without a full scan posted here but there are a few other forums (golfmk7 and the like) pointing at the boost actuator servo as being at vault with P2263. But all results were because they either took the car in to the dealer or had access to a vagcom. Hopefully someone here is a VW tech that can help. If not, you may have to resort to the dealer or continue more research online under that fault code if you plan on working on the car yourself. Sorry I could not be of anymore help.

Thank you so much for your comment, yes I read about potential boost actuator issues pertaining to P2263, I searched the forums And Google extensively and there isn’t much information. If it is the boost actuator servo is that a very involved process, are we talking like 600 bucks do you think or up to 1000? I know that you aren’t a tech but I’m just trying to plan, thank you so much for your comment I really appreciate it

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Thank you so much for your comment, yes I read about potential boost actuator issues pertaining to P2263, I searched the forums And Google extensively and there isn’t much information. If it is the boost actuator servo is that a very involved process, are we talking like 600 bucks do you think or up to 1000? I know that you aren’t a tech but I’m just trying to plan, thank you so much for your comment I really appreciate it
No problem. Well...funny you ask since I blew the turbo on my 1.4 going through the mountains headed towards Nevada (Hot August Nights racing a WRX) Expensive lesson learned the next day when I had no boost and tons of white smoke. So yeah, that cost about $3,900 (new turbo from dealer + coolant flush + oil + filter + labor etc..).

I dont want to scare you as my issue was a bit different but is definitely the worst case scenario. So hopefully the fault code isnt too bad of an issue to where it leads up a failed turbo but I would definitely suggest getting your car scanned sooner than later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. Well...funny you ask since I blew the turbo on my 1.4 going through the mountains headed towards Nevada (Hot August Nights racing a WRX) Expensive lesson learned the next day when I had no boost and tons of white smoke. So yeah, that cost about $3,900 (new turbo from dealer + coolant flush + oil + filter + labor etc..).

I dont want to scare you as my issue was a bit different but is definitely the worst case scenario. So hopefully the fault code isnt too bad of an issue to where it leads up a failed turbo but I would definitely suggest getting your car scanned sooner than later.

Wow that definitely is worst-case scenario, yes I’m hoping that it’s something small, let’s say it could be the actuator, will driving on it now potentially cause Further damage? hypothetically speaking

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Wow that definitely is worst-case scenario, yes I’m hoping that it’s something small, let’s say it could be the actuator, will driving on it now potentially cause Further damage? hypothetically speaking
That I am unsure of, which is why I think you should get it scanned at a shop or dealer. Currently, we are both unsure if it is even the actuator. It could be something else or a multitude of things. But, if it was hypothetically, then Id say yes...ignoring something mechanical that helps your turbo function would definitely get worse if you continue to drive.

I do however have a digital service manual somewhere on my laptop. I will dig around to see what I can find.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Also, I believe the dealer charges about $120 to $150 for a scan. VCDS costs about $300 or so. So it would be ideal for you to buy one as it will pay for itself after a few scans. Not sure how your financial situation is during these times but it is sooooo worth the investment as it saves you many headaches. For instance, in my old Touareg, VCDS was able to detect a short in my rear right passenger speaker. So if you can buy it, I highly recommend it (if you plan on keeping the car a few more years).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I believe the dealer charges about $120 to $150 for a scan. VCDS costs about $300 or so. So it would be ideal for you to buy one as it will pay for itself after a few scans. Not sure how your financial situation is during these times but it is sooooo worth the investment as it saves you many headaches. For instance, in my old Touareg, VCDS was able to detect a short in my rear right passenger speaker. So if you can buy it, I highly recommend it (if you plan on keeping the car a few more years).

I made an appointment tomorrow morning to get it scanned at a independent shop that has a VCDS, 155 at the dealer, 110 at this renowned Volkswagen Indy, thank you so much for your help, I will post the scan details once I receive them, and I will hope for the best.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made an appointment tomorrow morning to get it scanned at a independent shop that has a VCDS, 155 at the dealer, 110 at this renowned Volkswagen Indy, thank you so much for your help, I will post the scan details once I receive them, and I will hope for the best.
Very smart indeed, OBD11 is also another scan tool you can use, I think I paid under $100 for mine.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Any updates??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.