VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a clean set of Audi wheels that came off our old A3 TDI. 7.5x18 ET54. I was thinking I could use them as a winter wheel/snowtire set for our 2017 Allroad, but I'm not sure about fitment. I don't know for sure what the stock wheel size is, but some internet searching says they are 7.5x18 ET29. If correct, that's about 1" difference in offset... Comparing the wheels, the stock wheel seems to be at least 1" more concave than the A3 wheels, so maybe they'll look about the same in terms of how the tires sit in the arches? Am I thinking about this correctly? TIA for your help

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have a clean set of Audi wheels that came off our old A3 TDI. 7.5x18 ET54. I was thinking I could use them as a winter wheel/snowtire set for our 2017 Allroad, but I'm not sure about fitment. I don't know for sure what the stock wheel size is, but some internet searching says they are 7.5x18 ET29. If correct, that's about 1" difference in offset... Comparing the wheels, the stock wheel seems to be at least 1" more concave than the A3 wheels, so maybe they'll look about the same in terms of how the tires sit in the arches? Am I thinking about this correctly? TIA for your help
hmm, reading some more, it seems like there could be an issue with that much difference in offset. Also, looking at some diagrams to visualize, I think the tires will sit 1" further inside the wheel arches. :-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts