VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to change cig lighter 12V outlet to constant power, done it to 2015 Golf by moving fuse one slot down.
Cannot find diagram anywhere.
Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 VW Passat SEL Premium
957 Posts
How could moving a fuse cause cause 12V power to be constant?

Fuses protect a single circuit, so removing the fuse should kill that circuit !?!?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Ah the old trick of making the power outlet constant 12V+. This worked on some of the older VW's. I haven't tried on ours but doesn't seem like it due to the location. Our power outlet fuse I believe is #30

See this post for a list of fuses for a 2016 V6 which has the same layout as ours (mine is a 2017) which I confirmed when I installed my Dashcam. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...d-Trying-to-hardwire-my-V1&highlight=dash+cam

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
BT - To Admins - Maybe we should sticky the fuse diagram and numbers. I know I had a tough time searching for the information and its not the most obvious to look for dashcam related stuff.

I know there was another one for earlier pre 2016 models as well. Or can we update the sticky at the top of the B7 forum with links to this information. That sticky is somewhat helpful but getting dated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah the old trick of making the power outlet constant 12V+. This worked on some of the older VW's. I haven't tried on ours but doesn't seem like it due to the location. Our power outlet fuse I believe is #30

See this post for a list of fuses for a 2016 V6 which has the same layout as ours (mine is a 2017) which I confirmed when I installed my Dashcam. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...d-Trying-to-hardwire-my-V1&highlight=dash+cam
Thanks,
I am using phone charger at armrest cubby and routing usb cable under sides of console.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How could moving a fuse cause cause 12V power to be constant?

Fuses protect a single circuit, so removing the fuse should kill that circuit !?!?
I guess I bridge to open constant power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
small storage compartment

How did you open the small storage compartment in front of the fusebox? Just squeezed on both side and pull it out? I couldn't pull it out from my 2018 passat SE.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts