VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new. i have an issue w my brand new vehicle. i am a race car driver and come from that perspective. and also, i own a Porsche Cayenne Turbo, from which to compare. and a ferrari. (and a honda fit). none of which wander.

my new audi 'wanders', that is, does not track straight and true. it requires constant steering input. (when on lane-driver-assist, the electronic intervention repeatedly intervenes).

i immediately suspected front toe-in, or absence thereof.

i took it in and found that the many interventions systems might be at fault in addition to the mild right rear toe adjustment they made. i was astonished to find that these systems are always active and that some of them directly affect steering.

anyway, after the service, the problem persists. i have not driven other '18 q7's and do not know if it's endemic to the breed, although, i find it hard to believe that audi would engineer it this way.

it has 19" wheels and all-season tires, fyi.

any ideas out there? more particularly, do '18/'19 owners experience this at all?

(oh, ps, i hate the steering. it's vague, feedback-less, mushy on-center, etc. electric over-boosted i imagine)

thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 4 of 4 Posts