VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2018 Volkswagen MK7 Golf R Accessport support is now available! A full line-up of off the shelf maps, several hard parts, and available custom tuning have also been released! A complete list of currently supported vehicles is below.

2018 Volkswagen Golf R (Mk7) DSG USDM
2018 Volkswagen Golf R (Mk7) MT USDM

COBB ACCESSPORT FOR 2018 MK7 GOLF R

The Accessport provides handheld DME flashing that you can do in any location at anytime. No special tools or dealer/tuner visits are required! The Accessport comes pre-installed with Stage 1, Stage 1 High Boost, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Off-The-Shelf (OTS) maps for the Manual Transmission Golf Rs. Stage 2 and 3 maps with reduced torque for DSG cars are available on the Accessport for vehicles with no DSG tune (v107 maps). Stage 2 and Stage 3 maps with increased torque for DSG cars will need to be downloaded from the COBB website (v108) as they require a DSG tune (not yet available through COBB). More details on power gains, hard parts, and other details of this release can be found on the COBB Blog.

[email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kyle, is there no stage 1 for DSG 2018's, and what is required to go with stage 2 of a DSG, intake and exhaust, just exhaust?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found on your site:
stage 1:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/volkswagen-golf-r-mk7-dsg-mt-usdm-stage-1-map

stage 2:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/volkswagen-golf-r-mk7-dsg-usdm-stage-2-map
"Related Modifications
Cat-back: Stock Exhaust , Aftermarket Cat-Back
Engine Management: COBB Accessport
Intake: COBB SF Intake
Intercooler: AMS Intercooler"

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kyle, is there no stage 1 for DSG 2018's, and what is required to go with stage 2 of a DSG, intake and exhaust, just exhaust?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found on your site:
stage 1:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/volkswagen-golf-r-mk7-dsg-mt-usdm-stage-1-map

stage 2:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/maps/volkswagen-golf-r-mk7-dsg-usdm-stage-2-map
"Related Modifications
Cat-back: Stock Exhaust , Aftermarket Cat-Back
Engine Management: COBB Accessport
Intake: COBB SF Intake
Intercooler: AMS Intercooler"
Right! The Stage 1 map is online and able to be downloaded. Even better though, the Accessport already has these maps. Simply plug it in and select which map you want during the install.

The Stage 2 maps require an upgraded intake and FMIC.

[email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Right! The Stage 1 map is online and able to be downloaded. Even better though, the Accessport already has these maps. Simply plug it in and select which map you want during the install.

The Stage 2 maps require an upgraded intake and FMIC.

[email protected]
Would stage 1 high torque be safe on the DSG?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have been waiting... and waiting...

For Cobb to release DSG support for MK7

The major advantage of the AP over other software is that it can resold, like a JB unit.. the theoretical advantages of the AP are many but it all adds up to jack squat if they cannot actually get a working product to market for the DSG cars.

I suspect many have already thrown in the towel and gone to the competition.. would be great to hear something soon from Cobb on this, other than the generic "we are working on it" rhetoric.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
The major advantage of the AP over other software is that it can resold, like a JB unit.. the theoretical advantages of the AP are many but it all adds up to jack squat if they cannot actually get a working product to market for the DSG cars.
Big Thumps up to Cobb - it's the best Solution IMHO (they all void VW waranty - lol) for non piggy backs. Another nice thing about the AP is the fact that enthusiasts have access to "Access Tuner". At least I hope that it's also available for this platform like in the Subaru's. Basically allows the end user to tweak and pull timing, or boost a bit if the that California Gas is causing problems with the ACN91 Stage 1 Cobb Map.

Can't really do that with the other solutions. VW is a bit behind though as it relates to end-user tweakable ECU's, be nice if Tactrix started supporting it as well. Subaru's and VW's had support from ECUFlash for years.

·
Registered
278 Posts
how does the Cobb stage 1 match up against the APR stage 1? since APR plus offers "warranty" would be interesting to see differences...

·
Registered
404 Posts
how does the Cobb stage 1 match up against the APR stage 1? since APR plus offers "warranty" would be interesting to see differences...
APR plus is a canned'd tune - no way of modifying it if it's too aggressive (ie. California gas). Has anybody here actually used the APR plus warranty? Both void VW warranty.

Nice thing about the Cobb is the fact that you can datalog and actually modify the maps they provide with AcessTuner (my assumption is that they'll be releasing it for the VW platform just like the others) - for example, pull some timing slightly, lower the boost, etc to better match up with local gas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts