VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering what are other people's experiences with the cooling ability of their Alltrack or Sportwagen's air conditioner. I have a 2019 Alltrack SE. While it cools sufficiently, I feel that it doesn't get cold. I don't have a thermometer to measure it, but I've been in other people's cars where I've felt the air conditioner capable of getting uncomfortably cold; I don't feel that the air conditioner in my car achieves that level of cooling. I'm curious if what I'm experiencing with my car is normal, or if somehow my 1-year-old car's air conditioning system is leaking refrigerant.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You can always check the vent temp with a standard kitchen/meat thermometer. When it's very hot I use recird/max which really helps. Have you checked to see if you are set to "hot countries"?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Here you go. My GSW was not set this way stock.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
is this coding found on the CAR button on the info screen? I agree that the car gets cool not cold.
Sorry, no, hahahaha, you need OBDEleven or VCDS. A worthy tool for any VW owner/enthusiast to give you some control of things like this, running codes, logging, etc.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hmmm guess I gotta check my coding too. Anyone know the specific address in VCDS?

My '19 Alltrack air conditioning is NOT impressive. It takes about 5-8 miles of driving with the blower on level 5 or 6, with recirc, before I am feeling comfortable on a sunny 90+ day. I had chalked it up to an efficient a/c system that doesn't affect mpg much (seriously, hard to notice) and planned to speak to my dealer about it eventually. But if I can just tell it to try a little harder with a VCDS checkbox, than that's awesome.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmmm guess I gotta check my coding too. Anyone know the specific address in VCDS?

My '19 Alltrack air conditioning is NOT impressive. It takes about 5-8 miles of driving with the blower on level 5 or 6, with recirc, before I am feeling comfortable on a sunny 90+ day. I had chalked it up to an efficient a/c system that doesn't affect mpg much (seriously, hard to notice) and planned to speak to my dealer about it eventually. But if I can just tell it to try a little harder with a VCDS checkbox, than that's awesome.
I would definitely try the VCDS method first. I made the change and i get pretty cold air pretty fast and cools off my cabin nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

Should have no issue finding it based on my OBDEleven screenshot above - it's got the longcoding byte/hex etc. It's in your AC section.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what the "hot countries" coding does?
This has been discussed somewhere so if you want more info, time to search but....

Basically the compressor has the ability to change it's piston stroke and *supposedly* this gets you operation that increases output. Disclaimer - that's what I remember from doing a bunch of homework on it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Its under warranty, so then just let the vagcom diagnostics take a shot.
Could be a loose belt, low freon, clogged control solenoid, sticky air door, bad temp control switch, bad high pressure switch, dirty radiator, malfunctioning cooling fan, etc.
There is almost no limit to the number of things that could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
vcds has nothing labeled "hot country" a/c in the hvac module. Only thing I could find was a setting for a/c on "mode 1", that I changed to "mode 2". We'll see tomorrow if it helps any, or still works.

The labels in vcds for my 2019 alltrack are really quite pathetic garbage, mostly unlabeled bits in the long coding, and german words in the adaptation sections. Sorry Ross-tech, but this sucks. And yes, my software is updated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Please let me know if mode change works. I have VCDS but am not super advanced with it and most adaptations are in German. My 2016 GSS is a little weak to me also.
I’m with you, the amount paid for latest version and they can’t even translate it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
vcds has nothing labeled "hot country" a/c in the hvac module. Only thing I could find was a setting for a/c on "mode 1", that I changed to "mode 2". We'll see tomorrow if it helps any, or still works.

The labels in vcds for my 2019 alltrack are really quite pathetic garbage, mostly unlabeled bits in the long coding, and german words in the adaptation sections. Sorry Ross-tech, but this sucks. And yes, my software is updated.
The byte and hex should be the same.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.