VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I would like to add power folding mirrors to my Canadian 2019 Jetta GLI 35th model. I'm looking at this package for the mirrors:

www.aliexpress.com

270.0US $ |For VW 2019 jetta electric folding rearview mirror|Mirror & Covers| - AliExpress
Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com

www.aliexpress.com

And this package for the caps and mirror glass:

www.aliexpress.com

20.0US $ |For vw Jetta rearview mirror housing|Mirror & Covers| - AliExpress
Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com

www.aliexpress.com

I'm trying to figure out if I need the modules or not and how I would program the modules to work with the car after install. Also not sure if I will still have heated mirrors and blind spot detection after install? I'm using OBDEleven to make changes to the car and I can add the pro upgrade for long coding if needed but there is an app for power folding mirrors as well.

The modules that came with the car are 5Q4 959 593 M and 5Q4 959 592 M.

It seems I have the correct modules from factory but how to connect the parts and wiring and how to program them is what I would like to figure out before I order the parts.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

-Rob

Update:

As I posted below, I successfully changed everything out and ended up replacing the mirror glass with an option for blind spot monitoring with this option:

I used the 4th option (added by the seller for me when I asked for the extra feature) and asked them to send the black mirror caps with the blind spot glass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone interested I was able to install the previously mentioned parts on my 2019 Jetta GLI 35th edition. I used the info provided by StorableComa and found the settings required in the OBDEleven Pro unit I'm using for programming. It was super easy with the Log Code helper in the app, took about 5 min. to get it all coded and working. I got the upgraded mirror glass that included the blind spot monitoring but had to remove the wires for it from the old cable harness as they didn't come with the new folding mirror unit (this was mentioned by the seller who was great for answering questions as well) and I also added the dynamic turn signal lights while I was at it. The units also came with a bonus puddle light on the bottom of the mirror housing which is cool.

Link for mirror coding:

I also added the touch climatronic unit (which was a pain to get the compressor to work on) and coded it with OBDEleven as well:

·
Registered
'20 GLI S 6MT Tornado Red
64 Posts
This is great to know. Was looking at doing this for my '20 S. Miss this mod from my '16 GTI.

Reactions: Noiprox

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
For anyone interested I was able to install the previously mentioned parts on my 2019 Jetta GLI 35th edition. I used the info provided by StorableComa and found the settings required in the OBDEleven Pro unit I'm using for programming. It was super easy with the Log Code helper in the app, took about 5 min. to get it all coded and working. I got the upgraded mirror glass that included the blind spot monitoring but had to remove the wires for it from the old cable harness as they didn't come with the new folding mirror unit (this was mentioned by the seller who was great for answering questions as well) and I also added the dynamic turn signal lights while I was at it. The units also came with a bonus puddle light on the bottom of the mirror housing which is cool.

Link for mirror coding:

I also added the touch climatronic unit (which was a pain to get the compressor to work on) and coded it with OBDEleven as well:

Could you post a clip of these in action along with puddle light and dynamic turns. I’d greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, I could have done this during the day but I may forget by then, lol:

Dynamic turn and folding:

Climatronic:

Also a clear pic of the puddle lights (as clear as it can be on gravel anyway), I'm going to reach out to the vendor to see if I can find other lenses for the puddle lights as well but I didn't even know it had these until after install:
Sky Font Asphalt Tints and shades Rectangle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you post a clip of these in action along with puddle light and dynamic turns. I’d greatly appreciate it.
Done, see above post. Also I should say that my car did already have the required door modules, no need to change them, just replaced the mirrors, mirror caps and glass and replaced the control knob in the door so it has the option to do heated mirrors, L/R adjustment and now an option to manually fold in the mirrors. Needed to remove the wires for the blind spot monitoring from the old mirrors which required taking apart the harness wrap but no rewiring as the 2 wires needed had connectors at both ends and were completely separate from the other mirror wires just wrapped together by the heat shrink tubing and some material wrap.

Also I have enabled the comfort folding so when locked via key fob or touching the door to lock the mirrors fold in and when unlocking they fold out. Those options now appear in the "wipers and mirrors" section of the car menu as well so they are easily adjusted. All of the changes, mirrors and climatronics were done with OBDEleven Pro, I did use the long coding helper for a few options which was as easy as founding the option and writing it, otherwise they were under Basic options or Adaptations. For the climatronic unit I had to swap back to my old unit to find the default settings and then back to the new unit to match the settings until the functions all worked correctly for my cars options.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Done, see above post. Also I should say that my car did already have the required door modules, no need to change them, just replaced the mirrors, mirror caps and glass and replaced the control knob in the door so it has the option to do heated mirrors, L/R adjustment and now an option to manually fold in the mirrors. Needed to remove the wires for the blind spot monitoring from the old mirrors which required taking apart the harness wrap but no rewiring as the 2 wires needed had connectors at both ends and were completely separate from the other mirror wires just wrapped together by the heat shrink tubing and some material wrap.

Also I have enabled the comfort folding so when locked via key fob or touching the door to lock the mirrors fold in and when unlocking they fold out. Those options now appear in the "wipers and mirrors" section of the car menu as well so they are easily adjusted. All of the changes, mirrors and climatronics were done with OBDEleven Pro, I did use the long coding helper for a few options which was as easy as founding the option and writing it, otherwise they were under Basic options or Adaptations. For the climatronic unit I had to swap back to my old unit to find the default settings and then back to the new unit to match the settings until the functions all worked correctly for my cars options.
so the dynamic turn came standard on the mirrors as well? Thanks so much for the videos btw

·
Registered
8,097 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotcha thank you. Yeah curious if the puddle lamp can be changed to something different. I guess that’s OEM though.
actually just working on that now, contacted the vendor and they don’t have any other options for the lens but told me how to remove it so I opened the assembly and removed just the logo lens so now I have a white circle on the ground when it’s on.

Cloud Water Sky Automotive tire Font

I’ve contacted on other vendor to see if I can order a lens only, one with a blue and white VW logo:

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
actually just working on that now, contacted the vendor and they don’t have any other options for the lens but told me how to remove it so I opened the assembly and removed just the logo lens so now I have a white circle on the ground when it’s on.

View attachment 127860

I’ve contacted on other vendor to see if I can order a lens only, one with a blue and white VW logo:

That’s great at least it comes apart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts