VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Lincoln is the spiritual successor to previous Jag design theme which is a very good thing considering how Jag has dropped the ball with new redesigns trying to chase the Germans. They only need to retool the interior and finally stop digging through Ford's parts bins.

·
Registered
44,816 Posts
:D

Doesn’t have to start with N though. Aviator is going to pair nicely with Navigator again on the 3-row side. Just need something to go with Nautilus in the 2-row space.

Maybe if they wait two more years, everyone will have forgotten the Mercury Mariner ever existed.
Mariner would actually be pretty good. My post was mostly in jest.

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
I hate this current trend of using "twisted" wheel designs that look like they should be directional (should have separate part numbers with the design reversed on the opposite side). Instead, so many cars these days use the same wheel on both sides, which makes it look like the design is spinning the wrong way on the other side of the car.

Honda used to do a lot of them but their current cars are wrong, too.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
2019 Lincoln Nautilus priced to start at $41,335

Luxury buyers will have a new name to consider in the mid-size crossover market: the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus.

Lincoln announced this week that the Nautilus, which takes over duties from the ambiguous MKX, will start at $41,335. Along with the pricing announcement, the Ford luxury brand also launched the crossover's online configurator.

Buyers will be met with four separate trim distinctions: Nautilus base, Select ($45,540), Reserve ($49,870), and Black Label ($57,890). The base Nautilus is actually $1,300 more than the outgoing MKX, but it's for the better.

All Nautilus models come standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 making 245 horsepower and 280 pound-feet and paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Notable standard features inside and out include a hands-free tailgate, a 12.3-inch LCD driver-information center, power seats, an 8.0-inch infotainment screen, a suite of active safety features, and 18-inch aluminum wheels. Of course, the base Nautilus' price climbs quickly when ticking through the options list.

All-wheel drive is a $2,495 option on all trim levels and adding the available 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 with 335 hp and 380 lb.-ft of torque bumps the price up another $2,070. Note, AWD is standard on all V-6 powered models. The engine is not available with the base model, however.

Focusing on just how expensive the 2019 Nautilus can be, we ticked every option box for a Black Label model. Doing so meant selecting a $1,750 optional copper exterior color, a towing package, driver assistance package, and a technology package. Finally, choosing a rear-seat entertainment system brought the final MSRP to $70,505 before other add-ons such as various floor mats and a roof rack.

No matter which trim, all Nautilus crossovers feature Lincoln's latest corporate face inspired by the Navigator with more chrome and plenty of LED lights. The 2019 Nautilus goes on sale this summer.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1117482_2019-lincoln-nautilus-priced-to-start-at-41335

·
Registered
22,172 Posts
Odd name for a car. Why's Captain Nemo giving up the submariner life?
Not really. SUVs/CUVs have always sold that outdoorsy/adventure mystique and terra firma isn't the only medium to play in. Plenty of boaters with money, right?

Still beats alphanumeric soup though.
You can say that again.

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
7,957 Posts
Front now looks bland and derivative, name kinda sounds like nautica
I think it looks classy and very well executed. In an industry full of fake exhaust tips and flame surfacing, it's nice to see Lincoln and Buick coming out with good old-world looking luxury cars like this.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
2021 Lincoln Nautilus' inner chamber: Interior gets a complete redesign

This comes just two years after the last refresh

Unlike the sea creature with which it shares a name, the Lincoln Nautilus luxury crossover is steadily evolving. It was refreshed just two years ago when it adopted the Nautilus name (it was previously called MKX) as well as an updated exterior and turbocharged engine lineup. For 2021, the Nautilus doesn't change much on the outside, but it does get a thoroughly redesigned interior.

The exterior design updates to the Nautilus are hardly noticeable. The lower intakes on the bumper have been closed up and smoothed over, giving the fascia a slightly cleaner design. The opposite has happened at the back where the faux diffuser area has been given a bit more detailing. Otherwise, the rest of the crossover is unchanged, from the corporate grille to the deeply creased lines over the wheel wells.

The inside is the big draw, where the flowing, but somewhat plastic-looking design has been replaced by a glitzier design based on the interiors of the rest of the Lincoln lineup. It features a low, horizontally-oriented dual-plane dashboard with lots of chrome and leather or leatherette. It also has a gap between the center console and center stack that gives the console a bit of a floating appearance. Another big change is the availability of a 13.2-inch infotainment screen running Sync 4. It's the largest screen offered on any Lincoln model. It's also 1.2 inches larger than the unit in its cousin, the Ford Edge. But unlike the Edge's screen, this one is mounted horizontally, and it doesn't appear to replace many, if any, buttons and knobs. Along with Sync 4 comes natural speech recognition, over-the-air updates and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Mechanically, the Nautilus is unchanged. The standard engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder making 250 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. A turbocharged 2.7-liter V6 with 335 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque is available as an option. Both engines come with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard with all-wheel-drive as an option.

The new Nautilus goes on sale early next year. Pricing hasn't been announced, but shouldn't change drastically from current pricing. The current Nautilus starts at about $42,000.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/20/2021-lincoln-nautilus-refresh-reveal/

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
Is that a laptop monitor or is this thing happy to see me :eek:

As an old MKX owner I always wanted to see this get the new interior treatment. Would be nice if the exterior got updated too though.

·
Registered
20,592 Posts
As someone who actually likes the concept of PRND buttons...

...D (and S) have no business on the passenger side of the car. This never should have made it to a production vehicle. Not this, nor the Terrain. Lincoln already figured this out with the vertically oriented buttons within driver’s reach. Why entertain bad design now just because it’s symmetrical?

I’m sure it’s a decent car otherwise... owned my Edge for 5 years... but damn.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I can't believe they tooled up for a new interior for an ancient crossover that will be dead in a couple years. Will there be a next-gen or is the Aviator intended to replace it in the long run?

·
24,907 Posts
I can't believe they tooled up for a new interior for an ancient crossover that will be dead in a couple years. Will there be a next-gen or is the Aviator intended to replace it in the long run?
Aviator is in a totally different size class, it’s not a replacement
Corsair = escape
Nautilus = edge
Aviator = explorer
Navigator = expedition

·
Registered
24,966 Posts
Ford is starting local assembly of Nautilus in China so it decided to give it a new interior and another facelift. We got sloppy Chinese seconds.

Canadian production will be phased out between 2023 and 2024 and both Edge and Nautilus will be replaced by fully electric models. My guess is the new ones will keep their names. No reason not to.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts