VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

i am wanting to upgrade wheels and tires not sure if 18“ or 19“ wheels are the way to go. Also thinking going with black rims instead of the gun metal.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
View attachment 197945
i am wanting to upgrade wheels and tires not sure if 18“ or 19“ wheels are the way to go. Also thinking going with black rims instead of the gun metal.
Swaug:

There's a forum discussion on here about black wheels. Don't do it!!!(lol) Everybody has done that "black wheel" look! The car color is nice. I'd do a violet color or another color that offsets the orange. Even a nice pale purple might be cool. My MKIII Jetta is plum color and I have bronze wheels. Getting kind of tired. Gonna powder coat them subtle, lime green. Contrast...

I like these ESR wheels.(pic attached)

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the black look on the Jetta GLI with the 18” wheels, but you are right EVERYONE has the black 😂. It’s tought to come up with something unique because if you don't like it on the car ur kind of stuck.

·
Registered
957 Posts
19" Pretoria's in gun metal or silver

Your welcome

The problem with black wheels, especially gloss black is unless the tire is clean and shiny, it just looks god awful. A matte black is more forgiving, gun metal or silver is even more forgiving while chrome is just as less forgiving as gloss black.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the stock R-Line Wheels powder coated Satin Black(my car is Platinum Gray) added Dynamic R logo center caps. The same 'R' that comes up on my infotainment screen when I start the car. I also changed the front grill badge to match. I am also getting all the Chrome parts wrapped Black this week

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the stock R-Line Wheels powder coated Satin Black(my car is Platinum Gray) added Dynamic R logo center caps. The same 'R' that comes up on my infotainment screen when I start the car. I also changed the front grill badge to match. I am also getting all the Chrome parts wrapped Black this week
That looks good. I was also thinking of doing the black out wrap. I was even thinking of doing the roof between the sunroof and back glass….

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
19" Pretoria's in gun metal or silver

Your welcome

The problem with black wheels, especially gloss black is unless the tire is clean and shiny, it just looks god awful. A matte black is more forgiving, gun metal or silver is even more forgiving while chrome is just as less forgiving as gloss black.
Those would look awesome.

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,009 Posts
A couple questions. Budget? Size? Looks to avoid? Rotiform has some beautiful styles that hover around a grand per set before tires. Also, tires are a big thing. Don't chintz out on the tires, you'll regret it. Anyway, back to the wheels. Check these out, some of my favs that I would rock on a Jetta.

BBS CH-R, pretty pricey but absolutely gorgeous, timeless design. Lookin at $3k a set with tires.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Rotiform LSR that can be had for around $1k a set before tires.
Wheel Cloud Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Or you can have a little fun with the LAS-R that has the additional/optional AeroDisc that can be customized to your taste.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

(I know it's a Passat but it's all I could find.)

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Swaugdog

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple questions. Budget? Size? Looks to avoid? Rotiform has some beautiful styles that hover around a grand per set before tires. Also, tires are a big thing. Don't chintz out on the tires, you'll regret it. Anyway, back to the wheels. Check these out, some of my favs that I would rock on a Jetta.

Definitely cannot skimp on tires, don’t really have a budget in mind, but wanting to upgrade when I need new tires (6-12 months). The BBS-CH-R look awesome, didn’t think I would like the silver but these wheels are awesome, but like you said a little pricey.

BBS CH-R, pretty pricey but absolutely gorgeous, timeless design. Lookin at $3k a set with tires.
View attachment 198693

Rotiform LSR that can be had for around $1k a set before tires.
View attachment 198701

Or you can have a little fun with the LAS-R that has the additional/optional AeroDisc that can be customized to your taste.
View attachment 198702
(I know it's a Passat but it's all I could find.)

View attachment 198704

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta R-Line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was thinking of going with 18” wheels to fill in the wheel well better. Was thinking black but your pics make me consider silver.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,016 Posts
Neuspeed flow-formed wheels.

can use stock center caps and you reuse the stock lug bolts. No centering rings needed.

And they are lighter than the factory alloys

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,009 Posts
Neuspeed flow-formed wheels.

can use stock center caps and you reuse the stock lug bolts. No centering rings needed.

And they are lighter than the factory alloys
For real?!?!? That's a game changer right there. Not having to buy all those extras? Wish I'd known that before I let go of the Passat.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
21,016 Posts
For real?!?!? That's a game changer right there. Not having to buy all those extras? Wish I'd known that before I let go of the Passat.
As long as you buy the ones with the 57.1mm center bore. The RSE12's I have require no extra parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts