VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 Volkswagen USA Lineup Changes?

Update FTW

2019 Jetta
Redesigned model

2019 Arteon
New model to replace the CC

2019 Atlas
Trim content changes on S, SE, SE-Tech, SEL
R-Line is now a trim instead of a package: R-Line SE-Tech and R-Line SEL
21" rims available on SEL-P

2019 Tiguan
Trim content changes on SE, SEL
R-Line is now a trim instead of a package: R-Line SEL and R-Line SEL-P
SEL-P and R-Line SEL-P are 4Motion only now

2019 Golf Hatch/GTI/R
Hatch will get the 1.4t from the jetta, FEB/BLIS now standard on S, and SE gets new driver assistance package
GTI will get 230HP and bigger brakes on all trims, plus a limited "Rabbit" trim
Golf R will get spektrum paint program option with 40 available colors

2019 Golf Sportwagen/Alltrack
FWD SW models get the 1.4t and 8 speed auto/6 speed manual
Alltrack SEL gets manual option

2019 Beetle Hatch/Convertible
Dune and Coast trims eliminated
BLIS/RCTA now standard on all trims
Final edition SE/SEL for final year of production

2019 Passat
Loses the GT/SEL-P VR6 (no more V6)
The R-Line trim gets upgraded to R-Line SE
there is a new Wolfsburg trim to replace all other trims

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Not that I am in the market for one, but it would be nice for them to add LED headlights to the Tiguan. The Jetta has them for heavens sake. The halogen reflectors look horrible on the Tiguan.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
In!!

Glad to see Arteon being brought in.

And will be nice to see some Golf R cars running around in interesting colors. Will help brand status I think.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Not that I am in the market for one, but it would be nice for them to add LED headlights to the Tiguan. The Jetta has them for heavens sake. The halogen projectors look horrible on the Tiguan.
Quality LED headlights look fantastic, very futuristic, plus advantageous all around I presume. Love the look of the new Honda ones, accord, maybe civic?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I am in the market for one, but it would be nice for them to add LED headlights to the Tiguan. The Jetta has them for heavens sake. The halogen projectors look horrible on the Tiguan.
I agree. Believe it or not, in europe, the tiguan allspace (that we get here from MX) has two LED headlight offerings. A basic non afs version, and the afs version with led cornering lights that we get on the sel premium. For some reason the non afs lights were not dot certified, so if they could get that figured out, i bet other trims besides the top sel-premium would have leds. I agree that the halogens are horrible. And to get a SEL (non premium) and spend that much to get halogens its just embarassing.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,004 Posts
Golf and Sportwagen: FWD models get the 1.4T & 8-speed auto or 6-speed manual
GTI: 7-speed DSG, +10hp, new "Rabbit" trim
Tiguan: minor trim changes (mostly deletions)

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,364 Posts
Golf and Sportwagen: FWD models get the 1.4T & 8-speed auto
:thumbup: The 1.4T is the way to go.

Any update on when more eGolf units will be shipped to the U.S.? The U.S. configurator shows Great Falls Green as an available color, but I've never seen one available. Canada continues to receive eGolf deliveries.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
So about this time every year, VW puts out their yearly changes press kit document for each model. I am having trouble finding anything, so I figured I would share what information I have, and maybe the fans can join in and add anything they know of.

2019 Jetta
This is a redesigned model, so there will be no change info. You can see the press release and pricing release below:
https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/973
https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1004

No mention of a Jetta GLI...

Any chance there will be a '19.5 GLI?

·
Registered
2020 718 Cayman GT4 (Miami Blue)
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
As a VW employee, I can't wait to see the Arteon up close. The hood/fender design looks neat and I wanna see how it looks up close.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So about this time every year, VW puts out their yearly changes press kit document for each model. I am having trouble finding anything, so I figured I would share what information I have, and maybe the fans can join in and add anything they know of.

2019 Jetta
This is a redesigned model, so there will be no change info. You can see the press release and pricing release below:
https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/973
https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1004

No mention of a Jetta GLI...

Any chance there will be a '19.5 GLI?

I believe the GLI is slotted to be a 2020 model

·
Registered
950 Posts
Golf and Sportwagen: FWD models get the 1.4T & 8-speed auto or 6-speed manual
GTI: 7-speed DSG, +10hp, new "Rabbit" trim
Tiguan: minor trim changes (mostly deletions)
They're bringing back the Rabbit trim on all Golf models, or just the GTI?

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,004 Posts
Thanks for the update! What is the rabbit trim?
RABBIT (Canadian specs)

•Built out of the GTI plus:
•(+) 18” Pretoria black wheels
•(+) LED headlights with AFS
•(+) Black painted mirror caps
•(+) Vmaxblack rear spoiler
•(+) Dynamic Chassis Control
•(+) Fender premium audio system
•(+) “Rabbit seat tags”
•(+) Special trim floor mats
•(+) “Rabbit” decal on trunk

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
As a VW employee, I can't wait to see the Arteon up close. The hood/fender design looks neat and I wanna see how it looks up close.
Saw one in Amsterdam and one in Estonia a couple months ago.

It looks great! I don't know if it will sell, but it certainly looks great with tight panel gaps and well assembled.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've seen this multiple places (and from the dealer that sold my girlfriend her 2018 Beetle) that MY2018 was the last year for the beetle... (for the forseeable future)

Edit: found a source: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...w/volkswagen-confirms-beetle-wont-be-replaced
I've seen a bunch of these articles, but no official confirmation whether or not there is a us 2019 model. I bought one of the first 2012 turbos back in the day, so it is certainly long in the tooth.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts