VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2020 Passat-adding a sub??

5K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  DaRedHead65 
#1 ·
Can you add a subwoofer to the stock stereo system!!

sound is good so just want to see about adding a sub?!

anyone done it?

thanks

#8 ·
Pretty simple. Especially if you get an amp that has speaker level inputs (eliminates a line output converter).

Just installed this 10" in mine, retaining the OEM head unit.

Thats what I was thinking using the line outputs.....was it a pain to run the wiring? did you go to headunit or to the door speaker? is your powered sub under the seat or in trunk?

I was hoping to run wires from rear deck speakers but I guess theya re in the rear doors instead...thinking may be better/easier to go from speaker line out from head unit to tap into them there vs the door?

Just wondering how you ran it and if you had any regrets......

Thank you sir.

#9 ·
I detailed most of it in my thread Here

Its not a pain to run the wiring, just takes time to do it right and keep it clean. I run it under the kick panels (Power on DS, Speaker/Remote/Sub control on PS). I did run it to the HU, and used a T-harness so I didnt have to tap the OEM harness. I needed to run a remote wire and the bass knob up to the front, so I might as well tap the speakers on the back of the headunit while I was there.

I hope you can tell by the image that that's the trunk.. But to confirm, yes its the trunk.

#11 ·
AH I just went through the Dadmobile thread running through the forums...nice...I like that Gray and you have a lot of good wheel choices!!!

Nice Thread!!!!

Reactions: 98DUB
#6 ·
thank you......was thinking along those lines.. of a power sub unit under seat and using high speaker inputs for one.

appreciate it.

#13 ·
thats right you did the special trunk fitted in the spare tire one...Where did you get that? I should look for one too..if they still make it??!!

that would be nice and stealth!!!!

#15 ·
I just reached out to check fitment on a 2020 as i think us US are on the same platform (B7) for 2020. They were not sure so I will have to measure it for sure to see.

the way to go though!!!!

#17 ·
does it come with sub and amp or just the pc thats fits..I noticed on their site asked about sub specs???

Didnt say for sure so wondering what your came with?? thank you for the help......

#20 ·
Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Camera accessory Sound box

Just finished installing a single 15 (1000watts RMS) and the LC2ipro in the photo works amazing! Factory headunit performs like an expensive/premium aftermarket one now.
Super easy to hook up (just hooked into rear speakers behind the headunit)

Way overkill on the wire but I plan to add more stuff to the trunk later and easier to run the 0/2 gauge wire I already had once.
Just drove to TN and back and man I love this car even more now! Would recommend to anyone on the fence or needing a good Line out converter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.