VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hello...
Its been some time since I've actively participated in the Vortex community. I'm hoping to find time to highlight the process of one of my new projects. This 2020 Tiguan R-Line Black Edition was recently acquired this Summer and is going to be subjected to a fairly long list of modifications and improvements. I'm excited to share this with you and hope you'll enjoy it.

Currently planned mods include
  1. APR ECU Upgrade Stage I High Torque 91 Octane
  2. APR Turbo Inlet Pipe
  3. APR Catback Stainless Steel Exhaust
  4. APR Cast Inlet Downpipe System
  5. APR Red Coil packs
  6. APR Flow Form 20” Gray Black Wheels
  7. APR Front Roll Control Stabilizer Bar End Links
  8. APR Intercooler
  9. APR MQB Coilovers
  10. APR 6 Piston Brakes – Red
  11. APR Windshield Wiper Delete Plug
  12. APR Dogbone Mount
  13. APR Intercooler Hoses
  14. APR Black and Red APR Sideburn Decals
  15. APR Black Valve Stem Caps
  16. APR Flat Badge
  17. TOYO 20" Tires
  18. VW Rear Privacy Cover
  19. PIAA LED Low and High Beams
  20. Badgeskins Galore
  21. Neuspeed P-Flow Intake
  22. Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar
  23. XPel Paint Protection Film- Full Front, Rockers, Roof, Rear Quarter Rocker, and more
  24. Extensive Paint Correction by Griot's Garage with Ceramic Coating
  25. More....
Huge amount of gratitude goes out to my Dear friend Chad @SCIPerformance in Minneapolis for all his help on this.

As time permits, I'll begin posting my progress. Stay Tuned. This thing should be a beast

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well, hello...
Its been some time since I've actively participated in the Vortex community. I'm hoping to find time to highlight the process of one of my new projects. This 2020 Tiguan R-Line Black Edition was recently acquired this Summer and is going to be subjected to a fairly long list of modifications and improvements. I'm excited to share this with you and hope you'll enjoy it.

Currently planned mods include
  1. APR ECU Upgrade Stage I High Torque 91 Octane
  2. APR Turbo Inlet Pipe
  3. APR Catback Stainless Steel Exhaust
  4. APR Cast Inlet Downpipe System
  5. APR Red Coil packs
  6. APR Flow Form 20” Gray Black Wheels
  7. APR Front Roll Control Stabilizer Bar End Links
  8. APR Intercooler
  9. APR MQB Coilovers
  10. APR 6 Piston Brakes – Red
  11. APR Windshield Wiper Delete Plug
  12. APR Dogbone Mount
  13. APR Intercooler Hoses
  14. APR Black and Red APR Sideburn Decals
  15. APR Black Valve Stem Caps
  16. APR Flat Badge
  17. TOYO 20" Tires
  18. VW Rear Privacy Cover
  19. PIAA LED Low and High Beams
  20. Badgeskins Galore
  21. Neuspeed P-Flow Intake
  22. Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar
  23. XPel Paint Protection Film- Full Front, Rockers, Roof, Rear Quarter Rocker, and more
  24. Extensive Paint Correction by Griot's Garage with Ceramic Coating
  25. More....
Huge amount of gratitude goes out to my Dear friend Chad @SCIPerformance in Minneapolis for all his help on this.

As time permits, I'll begin posting my progress. Stay Tuned. This thing should be a beast
View attachment 53598
Well that’s a couple things to get started...😳 sounds fun👍👍

will you be giving demo rides when done, I’m just south in Lonsdale..

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi there, very impressive list. Congrats.

Others mods sounds great, tell us more regarding comparison between stock and moded.
In the ECU upgrade, what is the final HP and WHP dyno results?
I have mine ECU and TCU tuned, but no hardware mods, yet!
(sleeper mode)

·
Registered
4 Posts
look forward to following your progress! what is your factory engine for the R-line in the US?

here in the UAE its 2.0 TSI Bluemotion 162kw 220HP 7speed DSG

im trying to get an understanding of what this engine is capable of for my own tune-up project. not getting much info from people this side. i see the european tiguan R 316HP is running 2.0 TSI also - but confused whether this (or at least close) is achievable for me. every country has different engine specs etc

thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
look forward to following your progress! what is your factory engine for the R-line in the US?

here in the UAE its 2.0 TSI Bluemotion 162kw 220HP 7speed DSG

im trying to get an understanding of what this engine is capable of for my own tune-up project. not getting much info from people this side. i see the european tiguan R 316HP is running 2.0 TSI also - but confused whether this (or at least close) is achievable for me. every country has different engine specs etc

thanks!
Here in Brazil, Volkswagen sells a Puebla plant Tiguan 2.0 TSi R-line. Specs are ROW, it uses the 3rd generation EA888 motor, aka 2.0 TSi. This Motor(Engine), is capable of a lots of power, with proper tune and/or mods. The transmission is, DQ500, the same on the Audi RSQ3, can handle the power up to 500 Nm (metric) or 370 ft-lb (US) of torque.

I have a 2020 R-line with just the Stage 1 tune plus in-box K&N air filter. Pulling 310 HP, 260 WHP (dyno tested) that’s from a 220 HP stock motor.

Stage 2 unleashes more power... with more engine mods

You can get cables and software on line, like APR, Unitronic or other, and do it in your garage or local shop.

last thing, the car is so much more fun to drive with this much power, it just pulls!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just wish we got the Tiguan R with the 300+hp motor stock. Larger brakes and much better suspension too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This Motor(Engine), is capable of a lots of power, with proper tune and/or mods.
Appreciate the post - this is EXACTY what I was hoping to hear! As long as I can safely increase the power at a later date - I'm happy to go with showroom HP for now under warranty. Trying to discuss these things with salesmen here (who speak arabic first) has been difficult .. .

I drive a Volvo C30 T5 right now - rolls off the factory 230HP - but shares the same powertrain as Focus ST = 400HP capable. Got it to 300HP with upgraded intercooler only - such fun to ride around .. .

Thanks for the information again !!

·
Registered
57 Posts
How did you get a TCU tune when APR doesn't even have one out for the Tiguan?
different transmission for US Tiguans, we have the Aisin 8-spd box. i'm sure given time, and with more 2nd hand Tiguans hitting the market, there'd be a growing market for tuning the slushbox from big box tuners like APR down the line. most are pretty content right now that their Tiguans are actually shifting and driving normally after the 24GB update lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
different transmission for US Tiguans, we have the Aisin 8-spd box. i'm sure given time, and with more 2nd hand Tiguans hitting the market, there'd be a growing market for tuning the slushbox from big box tuners like APR down the line. most are pretty content right now that their Tiguans are actually shifting and driving normally after the 24GB update lol.
That makes more sense. I just did a Stage 1 APR Tune and boy does it make a difference. I talked to APR and they are looking at completing the TCU tune end of summer. Is the goal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts