VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking at the new 2021 models as they come in and two huge items have caught my attention.

1. The tail lamps - Something in the back of my head told me that we would not get the new modules which is really depressing of course. I'm guessing it has something to do with the actual design themselves.

2. The DRL's in the grille - Every photo of the NAR spec Arteon I've seen, both on and off, has had the center two new DRL light bars deactivated? Is this maybe a fluke of photos I see, or do we not have them enabled because of some random lighting law again?

·
Registered
2016 GTI SE 6MT
1,074 Posts
I think the new facelift clear lens taillights only come with dynamic turn indicators which light up sequentially. DOT regulations require a solid block to light up, so only sequential lighting of the LED bulbs won’t do. That’s why Audi A4/A5 have two sets of turn indicator bulbs in each taillight. It’s a shame that VW did not design the taillights for universal application..

I think the two front grille light bars will only light up when the headlights are on at night. They don’t seem to light up with the curved DRLs in daylight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve been looking at the new 2021 models as they come in and two huge items have caught my attention.

1. The tail lamps - Something in the back of my head told me that we would not get the new modules which is really depressing of course. I'm guessing it has something to do with the actual design themselves.

2. The DRL's in the grille - Every photo of the NAR spec Arteon I've seen, both on and off, has had the center two new DRL light bars deactivated? Is this maybe a fluke of photos I see, or do we not have them enabled because of some random lighting law again?
Good news wrt your second point, I found a listing that has the light bar turned on, most likely because the headlights are on like Ali stated.

Reactions: KCJeep

·
Registered
2018 Passat GT, 2012 Tiguan S
189 Posts
Great looking car in that listing Spokane!

Reactions: SpokaneGTI

·
Registered
969 Posts
damn, i havent seen the 21 Arteons before.
i will say, it looks great except the front grille LED, digital dash and the new R line badge. hahaha.
i do really like that new 4Motion badge though.

and what was said previously. we cannot get the cool and much more efficient lights and lenes from Europe because of reasons
if you look at the new Audi rear turns, a light turns on first, then the cascading effect is applied after. NAR requires that a brake or turn light needs to be illuminated completely and for a certain amount of time. meaning any dynamic or cascading lighting effects do not meet the required initial signal output or the amount of time it is on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts