Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Golf R

Votes: 12 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How useful.....testing a DSG Euro spec R against the CTR when it seemed every Auto journalist and their mother just spent time driving the US-Spec few weeks ago..... 🤣
If a DSG Euro spec R lost a comparison to a last generation CTR, US spec 6 speed wouldn't stand a chance. The 6 speed Golf R is no where near as quick as the DSG's 0-60.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Next gen Civic Type R could be a real winner if they tone down the crazy looks. The new Civic looks quite a bit better than the old one IMO.

Biggest deciding factor, other than looks, is FWD vs AWD. With snow on the ground for 5 months a year here AWD is sure nice to have.

VW really needs to do something about the MK8 interfaces, it's becoming glaring in every review.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Those trap speeds are yummy and damn that DSG Euro spec R is quick as heck.
it really is interesting to me that its 110 vs 111 and i always use 5-60 for more real world expectations. Golf R wouldve been an easy choice but the touch everything and infotainment issues. Who knows maybe MMC will fix.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Next gen Civic Type R could be a real winner if they tone down the crazy looks. The new Civic looks quite a bit better than the old one IMO.

Biggest deciding factor, other than looks, is FWD vs AWD. With snow on the ground for 5 months a year here AWD is sure nice to have.

VW really needs to do something about the MK8 interfaces, it's becoming glaring in every review.
Next gen CTR will likely remain FWD I think. Hopefully the Integra version comes with AWD...

·
Registered
16,135 Posts
I have loved my Audi S3 (other than the whole turbocharger grenading thing . . . )

I would go Golf R with DSG.

If I was looking for a track toy, then yah, the Type-R, but if I was looking for a track toy, then I wouldn't be looking at FWD hatchbacks anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts