Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
2,502 Posts
Holy scrolling post Batman.

Reactions: Elite_Deforce

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the U.S. only manual spec fixes the weak sauce clutch issue from the MK VII. But it does sound like the MK VIII fixes a lot of the dynamic flaws of the MK VII.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
9,209 Posts
Cool...seems like they've shifted away from the direction the last couple R's had and moved more toward Porsche GTS style. This looks to be a driver's Golf through and through. (y)

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf / 2021 Honda Passport
1,826 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the U.S. only manual spec fixes the weak sauce clutch issue from the MK VII. But it does sound like the MK VIII fixes a lot of the dynamic flaws of the MK VII.
The weak clutch issues in the MK VII have been remedied in the VIII.
VW kept true to their new design language by simply replacing the physical clutch pedal with their new "haptic clutch".
Your left foot just touches on the foot rest and you push it like a regular clutch. It just doesn't move or provide any actual feedback to the user.
;)

·
Premium Member
Buncha stuff
1,039 Posts

First in car video footage I've at least seen yet. The chicken nugget shifter must go!!
It comes with it's own pops and bangs tune. Sweet..

The shifter doesn't really bother me surprisingly.. takes up less room and it's not like you'll be using it that often. Want to shift it yourself? Use the paddles.

Reactions: [email protected]
281 - 300 of 683 Posts